To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Cary, NC
- Daniel O'Dell
- Phone: 2604598016
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Software Group Manager
EASi • Cary, NC
Posted 1 month ago
The Group Leader is a subject matter expert responsible for developing and managing resources and tools within EASi's centers that are related to their assigned competencies. The Group Leader will develop and manage in-house teams skilled in assigned competency areas, allocate resources to projects based on utilization and define technology roadmaps for future growth and expansion. This role will serve as an escalation point for technical, customer and personnel issues that may arise within their assigned competency. The Group Leader will be responsible for the quality and timeliness of the deliverable for assigned competency and will ensure compliance to established processes while executing within the Business Execution Process (BEP). The Group Leader interfaces with customers at multiple levels, including the executive level. Success in this role requires proven technical expertise combined with business acumen to deliver technical and business solutions that improve productivity and lower overall engagement costs.
The role will be mainly technical and will include a mix of application development, customer interaction, development oversight, and mentoring Jr Developers. This position is critical to EASi as it will be instrumental in helping us bring our outsourcing model to the RTP market and beyond.
- BS/MS in EE/CE/CS or equivalent
- 5+ years of experience of embedded or application development
- A self-starter who is passionate in doing pro-active research to stay current with new software concepts and tools
- Experience creating software architectures
- Sr Level Experience with Object Oriented Programming languages: Java, Python, C/C++
- Experience creating application for both Windows and Linux based systems
- Good leadership, oral and written communication skills with the ability to professionally support periodic communication to management, technical teams, and customers is required.
- Experience analyzing system and business requirements to create software specifications and interface specifications.
- Knowledge of common network and serial communication protocols is preferred
- RTOS experience is helpful
- Experience with Agile Scrum development methodologies (leading scrum teams is preferred)
- Project Management skills such as project scheduling, effort estimation, risk management, configuration management, conflict and issue resolution is preferred
- Provide Technical Leadership, Subject Matter Expertise and Solutioning within assigned competency in collaboration with Business Development and Delivery Operations to develop center-based/onsite managed solutions for customers within the assigned industry segments while adhering to the Business Acquisition Process (BAP) as defined within EASi's Service Management Framework (SMF)
- Manage and allocate competency skilled center-based resources to project teams executing center-based/onsite managed projects within the assigned competency with overall responsibility for technical solution, quality and customer satisfaction
- Ensure compliance to the Business Acquisition Process (BAP) and Business Execution Process (BEP) within EASi's Sales Management Framework (SMF) for all center-based/onsite managed projects within assigned competency
- Work with Practice Managers and Business Development to define technology roadmaps and driving investments at EASi's centers within assigned competencies
- Contribute to EASi's social media presence in technology by authoring white papers, thought leadership articles, case studies and marketing material
- Develop and implement employee performance and development plans to meet individual development and growth, and overall program goals; includes primary responsibility for talent management including overall hiring and termination decisions
- Maintain awareness for additional business opportunities and support pursuit of future business through quality results and escalation to internal stakeholders when additional business opportunities may present themselves
- Other duties as assigned by management
Amazing begins here. EASi is a leading global services company specializing in engineering and sciences. For more than 35 years, EASi has delivered critical services across a range of industries, including energy and utilities, transportation, heavy equipment, consumer and industrial products, medical devices, pharmaceutical and biotechnology, as well as academic and health care research. By adapting to the constantly evolving needs of our customers, we have built specialized expertise and a multidisciplinary perspective - leveraging cutting-edge technology and processes - to constantly improve and innovate. Through EASi's flexible solutions and consultative approach, customers in engineering and sciences can expect unparalleled quality, increased speed to market and collaborative customer engagement services.
Headquartered in Hanover, Maryland, EASi has 3,700 dedicated employees across North America, Europe and Asia. EASi is an Aerotek company, a leader in the recruiting and staffing industry. Aerotek is an operating company of Allegis Group® Inc., a global leader in talent solutions. To learn more about EASi, visit EASi.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.