Requisition ID: 153829
Job Level: Senior Level
Home District/Group: Kiewit OGC Engineering
Department: Design Engineering
Employment Type: Full Time
We are an innovative team of engineers and designers that supports projects throughout the company. Our staff leads and collaborates with Kiewit’s module fabrication and construction teams to approach construction-driven engineering with a focus on safe, cost effective, and innovative designs that achieve client expectations and further Kiewit’s legacy of excellence.
Kiewit Engineering Group, Inc is a full-service engineering firm serving oil, gas and chemical markets. Our combined staff of engineers and design professionals have expertise that spans all major engineering disciplines to serve the LNG, midstream, refining, and petrochemical markets. Backed by 130 years of construction experience, our construction-driven engineering focuses on constructability and safety in the earliest phases of projects to ensure on-time and on-budget project delivery.
Our rapidly growing oil, gas and chemical team, which includes structural, civil, piping, mechanical, process, process safety, electrical, instrument and control disciplines, is a multi-faceted and leading-edge division of Kiewit with best-in-class technical expertise focused on the EPCC delivery model for dynamic process facilities.
This position will be based out of our Energy Corridor office. Opportunities for flexible work are available.
• Develops and checks less experienced engineers to solve design issues.
• Identifies alternate solutions that relates to quality and best cost options.
• Generates solution strategies that allow use of others to work toward the solution.
• Interacts effectively with other groups to find best solutions to complex issues.
• Provides resolutions for technically complex issues.
• Develops mid to major-sized project or proposals with no supervision.
• Leads others in project objectives consistent with that of the organization.
• Considers multiple solutions and makes good decisions based on good data analysis.
• Manages several different assignments simultaneously.
• Creates innovative working methods to generate new ideas.
• Reviews application of standards for correct interpretation.
• Leads projects in how to interpret and apply codes and standards.
• Performs and leads quality checks of the design and engineering of major-sized project to ensure accuracy.
• Plans work independently with no supervision and consults others on technical details of their work.
• Provide supports of trouble shooting during commissioning.
• Understand Protection and Control engineering design for MV/LV power system, select adequate protective function and parameter
• Perform and prepare engineering deliverables of Power System Relay Coordination Studies, Relay settings calculations including micro-processor-based relay logic definitions, Arc Flash Hazard Analysis, Power System Analysis including Load flow, short circuit and motor starting studies.
• Experience in communication protocol like Modbus, IEC 61850, OCP, IEC61850 peer-to-peer communications etc.
• Understand, reviews and provide comments Harmonics Studies, Dynamic Stability
• Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering minimum required.
• 18-25 year minimum relevant experience in refining and petrochemical industry.
• Acts independently to determine methods and processes for assignments.
• Trains and leads team of engineers as needed.
• Leads team for work with high complexity.
• Work with project team as representative and coordinates work within discipline department.
• Adjusts to varying demands of work and performs well.
• Develops and presents work in well-constructed written and verbal presentations. Clearly conveys messages and ideas, gains understanding.
• Communicates effectively across all departments of organization.
• Works collaboratively across departments and with field to solve problems.
• Initiates meetings within own team, other disciplines or internal customers for clarity on work.
• Supports project teams and departments in a positive and productive manner. Works well with other to accomplish common goals and objectives.
• Serves as technical resource to engineers, designers and other departments.
• Continuously looking for ways to improve processes for customers and makes recommendations for improvements.
• Regular, reliable attendance
• Work productively and meet deadlines timely
• Communicate and interact effectively and professionally with supervisors, employees, and others individually or in a team environment.
• Perform work safely and effectively. Understand and follow oral and written instructions, including warning signs, equipment use, and other policies.
• Work during normal operating hours to organize and complete work within given deadlines. Work overtime and weekends as required.
• FIELD ROLES ONLY May work at various different locations and conditions may vary.
We offer our fulltime staff employees a comprehensive benefits package that’s among the best in our industry, including top-tier medical, dental and vision plans covering eligible employees and dependents, voluntary wellness and employee assistance programs, life insurance, disability, retirement plans with matching, and generous paid time off.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
- Control Engineering
- Data Analysis
- Electric Arc
- Electrical Engineering