You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
Sr Tax Accountant - Minnetonka, MN remote considered
UnitedHealth Group is a health care and well-being company that’s dedicated to improving the health outcomes of millions around the world. We are comprised of two distinct and complementary businesses, UnitedHealthcare and Optum, working to build a better health system for all. Here, your contributions matter as they will help transform health care for years to come. Make an impact with a diverse team that shares your passion for helping others and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
If you want to achieve more in your mission of health care, you have to be really smart about the business of health care. Financial discipline and accountability count more today than ever.
If you are located in Minnetonka, MN, you will have the flexibility to work remotely* as you take on some tough challenges. U.S. Remote may be considered.
As Senior Tax Associate, you will be involved in all aspects of the federal and state tax filings as well as different aspects of the tax provision. Depending on your career goals, you will also have opportunities to become involved with federal, international, or state special projects, and/or M&A transactions. The successful candidate will gain exposure to a wide variety of tax matters including:
- The preparation of quarterly and annual income tax provisions
- The timely and accurate preparation of federal and state income tax returns and quarterly estimates
- Assisting Tax leadership with M & A and other related projects
- Providing research support for the analysis of proposed and existing tax laws, regulations, and rulings
- Assisting with tax audits and notices
- Prepare and review income tax accounting necessary for the organizations federal (SEC) and state (Insurance Departments and Managed Healthcare) filings
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance, or equivalent degree
- 1+ years tax or accounting experience in a public accounting firm or equivalent experience in a large corporate tax department
- Solid computer literacy, including intermediate proficiency with MS Excel
- CPA or graduate degree
- OneSource or equivalent income tax compliance software experience
- ASC 740 (Income tax accounting) experience
- SSAP 101 (Insurance tax accounting) experience
- Knowledge and understanding of state/local income and franchise tax laws and regulations
- Motivated team player we are seeking must exhibit an understanding of federal and state taxes
- Excellent organizational and verbal/written communication skills
- Demonstrate solid research and analytical skills
- Ability to use pertinent data and facts to identify and solve a range of problems within area of expertise
- Ability to prioritize assignments and manage workload within statutory and internal deadlines
Careers with UnitedHealth Group. Discover rewarding opportunities as we help people live healthier lives and help make the health system work better for everyone. Join a team of people who are talented, compassionate and driven. We will support you with the global outreach, resources and inclusive culture we’re proud to foster as a Fortune 5 company. We encourage you to grow as we offer a world of rewards and benefits for performance.
*All employees working remotely will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone-of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income-deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes - an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
- Computer Literacy
- Franchise Tax
- Income Tax
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Job ID: 2145622
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.