Logistics done differently.
Ranked as the #1 North American logistics company according to Transport Topics, XPO Logistics is among the most admired companies in the world according to Fortune Magazine. We believe that exceptional customer service is at the heart of our success. As the Regional Sales Director, you will uncover, develop and grow both existing business and new business to meet company goals and expectations for the ground expedite and air charter teams. If you’re excited by the challenge of connecting with clients, building relationships and seizing opportunities, we have an opportunity for you to grow with XPO.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), life insurance, disability and more.
What you’ll do on a typical day:
- Translate business opportunities into incremental revenue through strong selling
- Build a pipeline of targets by prospecting for business through a variety of activities, including heavy cold calling
- Manage and nurture accounts to retain existing relationships and grow share of business
- Develop and maintain a strong carrier portfolio according to the carrier selection criteria
- Create quotations and sales proposals for company services
- Successfully negotiate prices and services with customers and carriers
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Logistics or Transportation
- 5 years of experience in freight solutions, brokerage sales or Third-Party Logistics (3PL)
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Project, Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
It’d be great if you also have:
- 7 years of experience in logistics sales
- Excellent negotiation skills; ability to deal effectively with individuals and groups within and outside the organization
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Be part of something big.
XPO is a leading provider of cutting-edge supply chain solutions to the most successful companies in the world. We help our customers manage their goods most efficiently using our technology and services. Our greatest strength is our global team – energetic, innovative people of all experience levels and talents who make XPO a great place to work.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran or other protected status.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.