* Bachelor's degree in Business, Logistics, Operations, Engineering, a related field or equivalent practical experience.
* 5 years of experience managing warehousing, manufacturing, or supply chain operations.
* Master's degree or MBA in a related field.
* Certification in Project management.
* Experience managing operations in multiple locations simultaneously.
* Success in operations management, problem solving, third-party logistics vendor relationships, budget creation, and cost management.
* Effective analytical skills, with the ability to apply structured thinking and logic to your work and provide solutions to challenges.
About the job
Google's custom-designed machines make up one of the largest and most powerful computing infrastructures in the world, and the Global Logistics team procures and manages the resources that power our immense collection. As a part of this team, you apply your knowledge of supply chain principles and your problem solving prowess to key logistics processes (managing vendors, shipping & receiving, inventory management, warehousing & distribution, transportation, etc.). Your diligence ensures the global delivery and life cycle management of network equipment is timely and efficient. You help the networking material supply chain by understanding the unique needs of the deployment team and defining best practices across multiple cross-functional teams. The end result of your work is the delivery of Google's products and services to millions of users around the world.
Behind everything our users see online is the architecture built by the Technical Infrastructure team to keep it running. From developing and maintaining our data centers to building the next generation of Google platforms, we make Google's product portfolio possible. We're proud to be our engineers' engineers and love voiding warranties by taking things apart so we can rebuild them. We keep our networks up and running, ensuring our users have the best and fastest experience possible.
Salary Range Info:
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $96,000-$146,000 + bonus + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process. Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits. Learn more about benefits at Google.
* Create, lead, and support cross-functional company initiatives/projects.
* Solve logistics challenges with speed and accuracy, defining new processes and improvements globally. Drive alignment and prioritization of initiatives in a fast-paced environment with many interdependencies.
* Manage third-party logistics partners with associates on their teams dedicated to our account. Manage and monitor metrics for key performance indicators (KPIs), vendor performance scorecards, and development of business cases to support logistics process changes and/or improvements.
* Manage relationships with multiple internal customers at data centers. Manage quarterly budgets, invoice control, and capital improvement projects within your locations.
* Recognize improvement opportunities to the cost and/or quality of services to be provided. Be proactive in turning these thoughts into a documented business case, present the business case to your peers and management for approval, and provide ongoing project management.
- Business Relationship Management
- Financial Management
- Hardworking And Dedicated
- Infrastructure Management