To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Birmingham, AL
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Product Engineer - Birmingham, AL
Hubbell Inc • Birmingham, AL
Posted 15 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
At HPS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver communications and power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of uncompromising integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers.
Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electrical and electronic products in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Electrical, Power, and Industrial Technology.
• We are seeking an engineer to join our product development team. We prefer a mechanical engineer for this position but will consider an electrical engineer with strong mechanical aptitude.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Design mechanical parts, assemblies, and systems.
• Prepare 3D CAD models and detailed dimensioned drawings of parts and assemblies utilizing CAD tools.
• Optimize designs for production using DFA/DFM principles.
• Perform mechanical finite element analysis (FEA) of part and assembly designs.
• Release designs for production with all necessary engineering documentation.
• Fabricate, assemble and test prototypes to verify performance to design criteria.
• Develop and review design concepts, drawings, bill of materials, and assembly processes and techniques.
• Participate in prototype build and preproduction activities.
• Participate in Engineering Change processes.
• Develop, design and implement equipment, tooling, fixturing, processes and standard work to achieve production requirements for safety, delivery and cost.
• Optimize existing equipment, processes and standard work to increase yield, reduce defects, and increase production efficiency.
• Interface with outside contractors for equipment and process development.
• Work with Operations team to develop sourcing/in-sourcing strategies and relationships.
• Develop unique and innovative solutions to critical problems and broad design issues, impacting the product success and addressing future products and technologies.
• Other miscellaneous duties as required.
Skills and Experience
- 3-5 years of experience designing parts and assemblies for production.
- Proficiency with Inventor, SolidWorks 3D CAD software, 2-3 years.
- Proficiency designing parts for cast processes.
- Proficiency designing parts for machining.
- Proficiency in FEA analysis tools.
- Ability to work cooperatively in a project team environment.
- Knowledge of power utility switchgear desirable but not required.
- Knowledge of new product development/stage gate processes.
- Ability to complete FA inspections.
- Proficiency using DFMA methodology.
- Fluency in English – both written and spoken.
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office software.
- Ability to estimate completion time of design tasks.
- Ability to estimate manufacturing costs.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to follow through on tasks to completion.
- Ability to work independently.
Bachelors Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Electrical Engineering
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.