Develop and maintain programs that ensure quality production operations, support facility safety and continuous improvement.
Essential Job Functions:
- Directs maintenance activities on utility systems to provide a continuous supply of heat, steam, electrical power, gas or air required for operations.
- Directs preventive maintenance program in conjunction with engineering and maintenance staff on critical equipment.
- Directs and coordinates activities of team members engaged in repair, maintenance and installation of machines, tools and equipment to ensure continuous production operations.
- Directs and coordinates activities of team members engaged in maintenance of the building grounds and utility systems of the plant.
- Reviews job orders and determines work priorities.
- Requisition tools, equipment and supplies required for operations.
- Ensures that equipment operates within established parameters.
- Delegates appropriate authority of responsibilities to Group Leaders.
- Supports Kaizen and other related activities.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Industrial Technology, or related field required; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Skilled Trades journeymen status or certification from trade school, technical college, or apprenticeship preferred.
- Minimum five (5) years of relevant maintenance experience required.
- Minimum of three (3) years supervisory / leadership experience in manufacturing environment.
- Experience in maintenance and repair operations associated with electrical systems, electronics, fabrication, hydraulics, injection molding, mechanical drives, pneumatics, robotics, stamping, welding, assembly and conveyor systems, and Programmable Logic Controller (PLC) programming and troubleshooting.
- Automotive industry experience preferred.
- Experience in automotive interiors including carpets, filters, powertrain, seating, and/or trim preferred.
- Working knowledge and experience with the Toyota Production System preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job functions of a leadership role.
- Ability to troubleshoot and track equipment issues to perform root cause analysis and correct issues with equipment suppliers.
- Must have a good working knowledge of industrial technology.
- General understanding and working knowledge of skill areas including electrical, electronics, fabrication, hydraulics, injection molding, mechanical drives, pneumatics, robotics, stamping, welding, assembly and conveyor systems, and PLC programming.
- Must be able to work in a multi-skilled environment with maintenance aptitude to learn skilled trades other than area of expertise.
- Ability to read and interpret blue prints, schematics, drawings, specifications, and technical instruction manuals.
- Thorough understanding of company product, trade terminology, maintenance and repair operations, manufacturing processes, and machine/equipment operation.
- General understanding and working knowledge of manufacturing and assembly equipment and tooling including design, automation, robotics, or manufacturing processes (and all secondary related processes) relating to automotive interiors.
- Working knowledge of shop mathematics and the use of a variety of measuring devices and instruments.
- Ability to effectively facilitate problem solving and resolution.
- Ability work with a dynamic team and demanding customer(s).
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, multicultural work environment.
- Ability to work with multiple departments and prioritize activities.
- Ability to plan, supervise, and perform functions of assigned areas.
- Ability to maintain on call flexibility to control abnormal conditions.
- Ability to be flexible in a constantly changing production environment.
- Active listener with effective leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to diagnose problems for true root cause and implement effective countermeasures.
- Must be able to work a fixed or rotating shift schedule, including daily or weekend overtime.
- Must be able to multi-task, handle diversity, and provide leadership through problem resolution.
- Ability to communicate and work well with all levels of the organization in a team environment.
- Ability to adapt available skills and equipment to respond to unforeseen demands and/or problems.
- Ability to implement plans to control and maintain safety, quality, 5S, cost, and efficiency for assigned areas.
- Strong organization, time management, and planning skills and ability to manage multiple tasks with tight deadlines.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Previous experience working with integrated computer programs and/or applications. ERP System experience (e.g., Oracle) preferred.
- Solid working knowledge and demonstrated experience with Microsoft Office and other computer-based applications (e.g., MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, Lotus Notes/Outlook, Internet, etc.).
Must be willing to successfully complete and use training for items below:
- Machines, tools, tooling, equipment, and other motorized or maintenance related equipment (e.g., cranes, lift trucks, etc.).
- Cross training for leading other plant support departments.
- RCRA and DOT hazardous waste requirements, and pass certification.
- Computer-based software, applications, and systems (e.g., Oracle, Kronos, Future 3, etc.).
- Open Office Environment, moderate noise level.
- Various types of manufacturing environments.
- Standard automotive plant environment with moderate to high noise level.
- PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) such as safety glasses, steel toe shoes, Kevlar sleeves, hearing protection, etc. may be required in designated engineering, manufacturing, or industrial areas. Personal attire standards may apply.
- Involves moderate or occasional presence of some slightly disagreeable conditions, i.e., cold, dust, heat, odor, etc.
While performing the duties of this job, the team member is required to talk, hear, and see (with visual acuity).Performance requires mental alertness and sustained attention to needs of the department in terms of workflow, efficiency of operation, machine adjustment, and team member output.Performance requires physical ability to inspect, adjust, and operate equipment.The team member must be capable of walking, sitting, and standing for extended periods of time throughout plant.Occasionally climbing, stooping, or bending on, under, or near tooling and equipment.May be occasionally required to reach, grasp, and manipulate parts, materials, or equipment.May occasionally be required to lift up to 30 pounds (with or without assistance).
Disclaimer: This job description is intended to identify the general nature and level of work performed by team members within this classification, as well as certain essential job functions. It is not intended, and should not be interpreted, as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of team members assigned to this job. To qualify for this job, however, a team member must be able to perform its essential functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Under no circumstances may this job description be construed as altering the at-will nature of the employment relationship between TBA and any team member.
Personal Protective Equipment
Health And Safety Executive
Oil And Gas