Company Biosciences is a Seattle-based genomics company focused on developing cutting-edge approaches for early detection of cancer, treatment optimization, and risk prediction using our ultra-accurate Duplex Sequencing Technology. We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced Head of IT Operations to join our growing organization to provide on-site support in building, improving and managing IT operations. Your role will be responsible for the management, strategy and execution of IT infrastructure to improve Company’s business operations and support its accelerated growth.
At Company we value collaboration, thought partnership and scientific rigor. As a member of our Operations team you will work across all departments of the company providing the necessary technical support and proactively identifying solutions that can improve internal operations, communication, decision making and business outcomes. You will also be responsible for all aspects of security of systems and internal information.
Success in this role will require knowledge of a wide variety of computer and information systems and ability to effectively communicate and collaborate across functions.
- Develop and implement strategy as it relates to Company's IT infrastructure (computer and information systems, security, communication systems);
- Identify business and technology needs across the company and optimize the use of IT infrastructure to support business operations;
- Lead employee on-boarding and training as it relates to IT infrastructure and use of the chosen software applications;
- Analyze IT infrastructure and systems performance to assess operating costs, productivity levels, upgrade requirements, and other metrics and needs, and provide recommendations for its improvement;
- Create and manage processes and standards for selection, implementation, and support of systems;
- Plan, review and approve validation deliverables of GxP regulated computer systems;
- Play an administrator role for operational systems supporting everyday business operations and communication, fix arising issues, conflicts, develop add-ons, suggest flow improvements and connect various applications as needed for more effective and efficient operations;
- Facilitate and manage the development, modification, and operation of security protocols including intrusion detection and prevention systems to protect the company’s information from breach or loss;
- Conduct periodic audits and due diligence checks of security protocols, evaluating systems for vulnerabilities;
- Propose and manage data recovery and back up practices;
- Develop and provide training and guidance on acceptable use, risk management, incident response, and security protocols to employees;
- Maintain current knowledge of emerging security threats, technical challenges, and developments in system protection and IT security standards;
- Develop and maintain relationships with external IT vendors and service providers;
- Plan, establish, and manage ad hoc IT/IS projects and serve as a liaison between the business and technical aspects of assigned projects;
- Facilitate all technical aspects of new office/lab build-up/expansion and ensure timely ordering, storage and maintenance of the required hardware and related tools and supplies.
EXPERIENCE AND CAPABILITIES
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Management, or equivalent; Master’s degree preferred;
- At least ten years of experience managing an IT department;
- At least three years managing security software applications and tools;
- Substantial experience working with eQMS, LIMS, DMS, SAP and/or ERP systems;
- Proficient in Windows, MacOS, Unix, and AWS. Extensive knowledge of G-Suite, Microsoft Office Suite, and related software;
- Strong understanding of physical layer and networks;
- Experience with Computer System Validation and expertise with 21 part 11 requirements;
- Demonstrated ability to support a team of scientists and software developers, and with a strong bias towards making their lives easier;
- Understanding of best practices for large data;
- Demonstrated problem-solving and analytical skills;
- Proven ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing;
- Excellent cross-functional management and interpersonal skills;
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail;
- Some knowledge of NGS or biological sciences very helpful. A "science-first" attitude is essential.
PHYSICAL AND TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer;
- Must be able to lift up to 20 pounds at times.
OUTSTANDING CANDIDATES WILL
- Demonstrate hands-on experience in supporting a build up of business infrastructure from ground up;
- Have had exposure to both start-up and high growth companies and is effective and comfortable operating in a constantly changing environment;
- Have had multi-year experience in administrating and managing a variety of systems supporting GMP/GLP and other regulated processes.