To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Cranbury Township, NJ
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Junior Environmental Engineer
Arcadis • Cranbury Township, NJ
Posted 7 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Arcadis is the leading global design and consulting firm for natural and built assets, and we invite you to join us in partnering with our clients to deliver truly exceptional and sustainable outcomes. Contribute to the world’s most high-profile and transformative projects, from shopping centers in Shanghai and improved traffic flow in Atlanta to state-of-the-art rail systems in Doha, coastal defenses for Manhattan and cleaner air in Los Angeles.
Work alongside the industry’s foremost thought leaders and accomplished professionals, generating effective, real-world results. We are Arcadis: 27,000 people in more than 70 countries, creating value by applying our collective wisdom to every challenge. Our culture is collaborative, we believe in diversity and the power of global teamwork, and we own the responsibility to sustain the Earth and its people in a safe and balanced way.
Arcadis. Improving quality of life.About This Business Line
Junior Environmental Engineer with a minimum of 0-2 years post-graduate, non-academic, technical experience to be based in our Cranbury, NJ office. A successful candidate will support existing remediation and construction projects located in NJ/PA/DE. Will also assist with other projects as needed. This is a position for a dynamic individual looking for career growth in environmental consulting. This full-time position is expected to support environmental investigation, remediation and permitting projects, and will be working alongside and supporting senior level managers and technical resources.
Position responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Perform fieldwork which may include drilling oversight for soil sampling and/or groundwater well installation, groundwater sampling, excavation oversight, operation and maintenance of remediation systems, and vapor intrusion/soil gas surveys
- Environmental remediation design tasks, including soil and groundwater remedial system and in-situ technology treatment design and assessments
- Office work may include task coordination, data compilation and interpretation, cost estimates, health & safety plan preparation, report writing, regulatory file review, proposal writing, project strategy development, schedule and budget management
- Assist Project Managers (PMs) and Task Managers (TMs) with planning environmental investigation and remediation tasks
- Prepare subcontracts and oversee the work of subcontractors
- Exhibit ownership of delegated tasks, including responsibility for coordination and delivery of on-schedule and on-budget tasks
- This position will be in the field 50%-100% of the time to include travel during the workday to client sites in NJ and Tri-State Area.
- Travel is approximately 15-25% overnight and/or outside of normal working hours.
- Minimum years of experience: 0-2 Year, post-graduate, non-academic, technical or professional experience
- Education required: Bachelors in Environmental Engineering or other Engineering, Science, or Environmental Engineering Discipline
- Candidate should be health and safety focused, and able to work successfully in both individual and team settings
- Willing and able to meet travel and field work requirements of 15-25% travel overnight and/or outside of work hours, plus field work 50-100%
- Education: Masters in Environmental Engineering or other Engineering, Science, or Environmental Engineering Discipline
- 40 hour HAZWOPER
- Previous environmental sampling experience
- Experience around heavy equipment, excavation, and construction work
- Operation and maintenance experience on remediation systems
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. We are dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.