To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- San Jose, CA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Business Operations Manager
Apex Systems • San Jose, CA
Posted 2 days ago
If interested, please send resume to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]
Job Title: Business Operations Manager
Location: San Jose, CA 94008
Length: Long Term Contract to Hire!
- 5- years of experience
- Experience managing Capital and Operational Budgets
- Ability to present to C-Level Leadership (2 steps removed from VP in reporting chain)
- Experience in managing End to End product life cycle
- Will have oversight of budget, reporting, finance, vendor approvals, expenses and overall documentation that will drive strategy
- Experience with project or product management
Project Details/Job Description:
The current Business Operations Manager is moving his position to further take on the strategy initiatives for this project. This position is taking over for his day-to-day responsibilities. Will have 2 people working under, not report too, to manage PO processes and invoices on day to day. This person will step over in more of a leadership role to guide the business operations process and oversee all budgeting for smart cities. Individually will be highly self-motivated.
Responsibilities of Business Operations Manager
- Agreement Management:
- Work with Product Managers, Vendors, Sourcing and Finance teams to draft, negotiate and execute agreements to support the development and delivery of key strategic programs
- Vendor agreements executed in a timely fashion.
- Maintain a real-time Vendor agreement status report for team visibility and prompt response to vendor, product and leadership inquiries.
- Negotiate favorable terms and savings on quotes and proposals.
- Work with Commercial & Technical Product Owners and VPs to gain alignment on agreements and Purchase Orders
- Develops resolutions to complex problems that require the frequent use of creativity
- Review and assess current SOW, Purchase order and vendor payment process and recommend streamlined solution to be implemented and used by IT, and the Product teams
- Purchase Order Management:
- Work with product managers, finance and Accounts Payable to generate purchase orders against appropriate program cost centers as payment commitment to our vendors – ensuring the right visibility across Finance teams/systems to organizational obligation
- Purchase Order requests (shopping cart/requisitions) processed on time for all executed agreements received
- Purchase orders for non-SOW engagements processed promptly
- Maintained a real-time Vendor purchase order status report for team
- Visibility and prompt payment of vendor invoices.
- Agreement Reporting by VP, Vendor, Expense type and Project
- SOW Resource Reporting
- Quarterly T&M Audits
- Vendor relationship management / addition to systems
- Work with relevant stakeholders, including Business/ Product owners, Business Operations leads, Sourcing, Legal, Finance, Vendor profile team, Purchasing/Buyers, Accounts payable and ERP System admins (vSAP, nSAP, PS 9.1)
- Understand the end-to-end vendor onboarding and management process.
- Identify improvements to the process
- Propose and implement process improvement plan
- Reduce liability by ensuring that terms to minimize risk and provide contingency/ mitigation plans are incorporated into agreements before vendors begin work.
Requirements of Business Operations Manager
- MBA in Finance or related field
- 5+ years of supervisor/management experience leading a large group with diverse experience and knowledge.
- Demonstrated success developing/implementing systems to track complex/disruptive models for product solutions, especially Software as a Service & Platform as a Service models.
- Experience in enterprise systems architecture, focusing on large scale, complex, transformational solutions.
- Strong analytical skills, with core ability to operationalize and address strategic imperatives through tactical execution.
- Professional presentation and communication skills to address all levels of the enterprise to include client senior executives.
- Ability to create excellent working relationships with diverse teams and job functions throughout the organization.
- Extensive experience with business process design and evaluation.
- Ability to meet strict deadlines & work effectively under pressure & carry out assigned projects to completion; establish & maintain solid relations with staff members & internal customers.
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178