The Director of Business Finance will have the responsibility of planning (both high level and unit), forecasting, analysis, reporting and ensuring controls are in place for a specific business within the Sears or Kmart retail formats. This business routinely partners with the leadership team in monitoring and addressing any issues related to the financial performance for the business.
Provides financial support to a $400M to $4B business within Sears Holdings Corporation.
* Develops financial analysis and metrics to improve decision making and support fact-based decisions
* Takes a leadership role in productivity initiatives including balance sheet and quality/process improvement initiatives
* Maintains a solid understanding of the competitive environment to identify benchmarking opportunities for process and business model improvement
* Responsible for monthly analysis of results to identify key issues/business trends and subsequent plans to address them
* Develops strategic and operating plans as well as monthly forecasting and reporting of operating results along with identification and quantification of risks and opportunities to the business
* Responsible for capital planning and review/analysis/preparation of business cases to support capital and technology investment opportunities
* Responsible for representing the finance function with a focus on shareholder value creation while providing finance support to the Home Appliance, Electronics and Sporting Goods business leaders and their teams
* Balances support of business goals with finance functional roles and responsibilities
* Acts as a liaison to Corporate Finance and the Retail Merchandising and Marketing Finance teams and also have contact with internal and external auditors
* Assists Controllers department with compliance to generally accepted accounting principals (GAAP)
* Develops, improves and maintains effective internal control standards for financial reporting and contract reviews with third party vendors
* Performs supervisory functions, including but not limited to, making employment decisions regarding hiring, promoting, demoting and terminating, conducting performance appraisals and coaching and developing associates.
* MBA or equivalent * Strong knowledge of accounting principles and financial calculations
* Strong communication and presentation skills * Strong decision making and problem solving skills required based upon financial and statistical results
* Ability to read, interpret and communicate detailed quantitative data to perform the duties previously listed
* A minimum of seven years experience in Financial Planning, Strategic Business Decision Making and analysis.
* Ability to utilize planning and analysis applications and personal computer software.
* Ability to work in fast-paced environment
* Retail experience is preferred