IQVIA™ is the leading human data science company focused on helping healthcare clients find unparalleled insights and better solutions for patients. Formed through the merger of IMS Health and Quintiles, IQVIA offers a broad range of solutions that harness the power of healthcare data, domain expertise, transformative technology, and advanced analytics to drive healthcare forward.
Travel and Expense Specialist
Reports to: Accounting Manager
Job type: Full time
Travel Requirements: 0%
Location: Carlsbad, CA
Do you want to be part of a fun, growing, fast-paced company? Are you looking for a position with lots of variety and potential for growth and advancement? Come be a part of the Novasyte team! We are looking for a dynamic, organized, and intelligent person to work with our Payroll and Expense team in our Corporate Office in beautiful Carlsbad, CA.
Novasyte Health, an IQVIA™ company, partners with medical device and diagnostic manufacturers, offering tech-enabled, outsourced commercial service teams and technologies. This includes contract clinical, field technical, inside sales and recall support. Our flexible model enables us to deploy and manage teams that expand and contract to meet our clients & customer-facing needs. Technology is wrapped around all of the offerings and program success is tracked and measured with our real-time business intelligence analytics.
This provides our clients with critical insights into their most important resources - their people, patients and customers.
This position is responsible for reconciling, auditing and approving expense reports, insuring expenses submitted are in compliance with our travel and expense policies. This person will be the travel and expense management main point of contact, assisting users and answering questions and correcting expense reports, analyzing and resolving system issues. This person must be detail oriented and have a strong desire to investigate and solve problems.
- Review, process, and release for payment / reject electronic expense reports in expense management system during the weekly payroll approval process
- Insure submitted expenses are in compliance with our travel and expense policies
- Manage weekly status of expense report queue; follow up with users for returned or un-submitted/unreconciled expenses and expense reports
- Responsible for audit and direct follow up with employees regarding violations of policy, resolution of issues, or questions regarding the expense management program
- Provide superior customer service to users in resolving various issues related system and expense reporting
- Supports Sr. Travel and Expense Management and assists with various high-level duties as assigned
- Responsible for audit and responding to questions regarding the expense management program
- Identity and recommend opportunities for efficiencies
- Review and provide feedback on travel and expense policies
- Assist with reconciliation of credit card charges to submitted expense reports and credit card statement; maintain schedule of unreconciled and/or unbillable expenses
- Assist with month end close activities as it relates to expense management and credit cards
- Subject matter expert on travel and expense management tools, functionality, customizations and reporting
- Other activities as assigned
- 1-2 years of recent and relevant experience providing support task within a travel and expense environment
- Exceptional attention to detail and good organizational skills, ability to multi-task
- Proactive approach to problem solving, analytical mind
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Flexibility in responding to unanticipated situations
- Self-Starter, excellent time management
- Ability to use logic and reasoning to identify strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems
- Strong work ethic and willingness to take ownership, strong sense of urgency, initiative and drive
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to interact effectively at various social levels and across diverse cultures
- Strong computer skills including use of the internet and Microsoft Office applications.
- Microsoft Excel (vlookups a plus)
- Familiarity with ChromeRiver, Egencia and ADP a plus
- Ability to use a standard computer, demonstrate proper telephone technique/etiquette and sit for extended periods of time
- Affectively display good judgement in selecting the proper mode of communication
Depending on experience
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status.
- Competitive compensation package
- Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(K) Plan
- Rapidly growing organization
- Fun work environment, company sponsored social events
Novasyte Health is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
If you are an individual with a disability and need an accommodation during the application/hiring process, please email [ Email address blocked ] - Click here to apply to Travel & Expense Specialist for assistance. Novasyte will provide reasonable accommodations, upon request, to support individuals with disabilities to be able to participate in the hiring process.
5999 Avenida Encinas, Suite #100
Carlsbad, CA 92008
[ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Travel & Expense Specialist
Making a positive impact on human health takes insight, curiosity, and intellectual courage. It takes brave minds, pushing the boundaries to transform healthcare. Regardless of your role, you will have the opportunity to play an important part in helping our clients drive healthcare forward and ultimately improve outcomes for patients.
Forge a career with greater purpose, make an impact, and never stop learning.
IQVIA is an EEO Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
IQVIA, Inc. provides reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities. Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to submit an application for employment or otherwise participate in the application process should contact IQVIA’s Talent Acquisition team at [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Travel & Expense Specialist to arrange for such an accommodation.Job ID:
Attention To Detail
Hardworking And Dedicated