Full Time; Mon-Fri; 8:00am-5:00pm
Bookkeeper/Accounting Clerk Overview:
We are looking for a skilled Bookkeeper to maintain a local Tri-City company’s financial records, including purchases, sales, receipts, and payments.
The selected candidate will be tasked with duties including working closely with the Accounting team to create and analyze financial reports and ensure legal requirements compliance, process accounts payable and receivable and manage invoices and tax payments. The ideal candidate holds a Finance degree (preferably followed by accounting CPE courses) and is familiar with accounting software packages, like Sage 100, Quickbooks, and Excel.
Ultimately, the Bookkeeper’s responsibilities are to accurately record all day-to-day financial transactions of our company.
Bookkeeper/Accounting Clerk Responsibilities:
- Generate and update invoices for Accounts Payable and Receivable
- Maintains historical records by filing documents.
- Maintain general ledger by transferring subsidiary account summaries.
- Maintains records of financial transactions by establishing accounts; posting transactions; ensure legal requirements compliance.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Prepares financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends.
- Develops system to account for financial transactions by establishing a chart of accounts, defining bookkeeping policies and procedures.
Bookkeeper/Accounting Clerk Requirements:
- Able to multi-task, prioritize, work under pressure, and meet deadlines
- Familiarity with a wide range of financial transactions including Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable
- Exhibits great attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent data entry skills
- Ten-key by touch with high accuracy
- Able to work well with a team and communicate thoroughly and effectively
Bookkeeper/Accounting Clerk Education/Required Experiences:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or related field is ideal
- 5+ years working in an accounting related field in lieu of education
- Accounts Receivable
- Accounts Payable
- General Ledger
- Financial Statements