Amcor Rigid Packaging - External Job Posting
Packer - 2nd Shift
JOB DESCRIPTION: Packer
To visually inspect the manufactured product to ensure quality requirements are met before packing in an approved shipping container.
Specific Responsibilities / Essential Functions
- Adheres to Amcor Rigid Packaging Safety and Quality policies and procedures.
- To observe all safety rules/regulations and perform duties in a safe and efficient manner.
- Visually inspects moving bottles for defects using an approved sample as a model.
- Place acceptable bottles in an appropriate shipping containers.
- Place non-conforming bottles in a “hold” container for further disposition.
- Report all recurring non-conforming issues to the Quality Technician, Mechanic and Leads.
- Place full shipping containers on pallets for removal from production area.
- To set an example that is consistent with the position held within the company.
- To carry out duties and responsibilities in a positive way and in the spirit of cooperation and support of others.
- To fully meet the duties and responsibilities of the position.
- To actively support the decisions and policies of the company and its management.
- To treat people fairly, equally and with respect and to settle for no less in return.
- To be honest at all times and to conduct oneself with the highest degree of personal integrity.
- To communicate the right information, to the appropriate people, in an effective and timely manner.
- To maintain an appearance consistent with the position held.
- To actively expand personal knowledge of the business and related areas as they pertain to this role within the organization, encouraging others to do the same.
- To take “pride” in the company and help make it a success.
- Those employees with authorized training, have the ability to shut down / stop equipment if continued operation is a threat to any employee’s health and safety
- Recommend Production, Quality and Maintenance Staff stop production for unacceptable quality
- Recommend Production, Quality and Maintenance Staff quarantine out-of-specification products, materials or supplies
Job Specifications and Requirements
- Contact any member of Management without fear of reprisal concerning questions, suggestions, or complaints regarding quality, working conditions or job environment
- Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Previous experience with assembly, hand packing and visual inspections.
- Must be able to read, write and speak and understand English.
- Basic math, computer, and organizational skills
- Physical Requirements: This is a medium physical demand job
- Employees must be able to work overtime, weekends and nights.
- Frequently carry greater than 10 pounds up to 30 pounds; occasionally lift 50 pounds overhead with assistance.
- Employees are required to stand / walk on concrete floors.
- Employees are required to bend; turn / twist; kneel; squat; crawl; climb; reach out and up; turn wrist; grasp; pinch; and have finger manipulations.
Job Specifications and Requirements- continued
JOB DESCRIPTION: Packer
- Required Safety Equipment:
- Each facility requires personal protective equipment and may require protective clothing. See site specific rules.
- Environmental Factors:
- Occasional exposures to noise of 85dB
- Occasional exposure to chemicals
- Occasional exposure to vibration, dust / fumes / gas, confined spaces, humidity
- Other Requirements:
- Ability to recognize and understand numbers and values. This includes entering information into an on-line database accurately.
- Ability to visually and mentally make priority decisions / judgement calls based on the situation at hand.
- Training Requirements:
- ARPNA Safety Contract
- New Hire Training (see new hire orientation)
- Scheduled Training (see plant training schedule)
- SAP and supporting system training
- Annual GMP, HACCP, Glass Avoidance, Food Defense, Product Safety, and Communicable Disease
- Lock Out / Tag Out
- Hazard Communication
- Personal Protective Equipment
- All CBT Safety Training Assigned by Corporate and Management
- All training required by Plants Training Matrix
- Food Safety and Quality Audit Expectations
- All other training as required by ARPNA
The information contained herein is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job, nor are they intended to be an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do the job.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.
Hazard Analysis And Critical Control Points
Personal Protective Equipment