Registered Nurse (RN) - Float Pool - CentraState Medical Center - Freehold, NJ
CentraState Medical Center is seeking a Registered Nurse (RN) for the Float Pool.
Registered Nurse (RN) - Float Pool Position Summary:
The Float Pool Registered Nurse administers culturally sensitive nursing care to assigned patients that is in accordance with ANA standards, the NJ Practice Act, Joint Commission, professional standards and established hospital and Nursing Department policy and procedures in accordance with evidence based nursing practice. Utilizes the Nursing Process in providing patient centered care. The RN evaluates the effectiveness of nursing care through the analysis of nurse sensitive indicators and patient outcomes. Orientation will include satisfactory completion of CPR Certification, IV Course, and Departmental Orientation. A patient focused care model utilizing a multidisciplinary approach is used as the method to deliver patient care. Tasks include but are not limited to:
* The Registered Nurse evaluates patients' vital signs or laboratory data to determine emergency intervention needs
* Monitors patients for changes in status and indications of conditions such as sepsis or shock and institute appropriate interventions
* Assesses patients' pain levels
* Administers medications
* Conducts pulmonary assessments to identify abnormal respiratory patterns or breathing sounds that indicate problems
* Prioritizes nursing care for assigned critically ill patients, based on assessment data or identified needs
* Consults and coordinates with healthcare team members to assess, plan, implement, or evaluate patient care plans
* Performs emergency medical procedures, such as basic cardiac life support (BLS), advanced cardiac life support (ACLS), and other condition stabilizing interventions
* RNs manage patients' pain relief and sedation by providing pharmacologic and non-pharmacologic interventions, monitoring patients' responses, and changing care plans accordingly
Registered Nurse (RN) - Float Pool Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing required.
- 3 years' experience required.
- RN license/NJ required.
- BLS & ACLS certification required.
- IV certification required.
- Med/Surg, Tele, ED, CC experience preferred.
CentraState Medical Center located at 901 West Main Street in Freehold, New Jersey is an acute-care medical center licensed for 284 beds. The medical center is a teaching hospital in conjunction with the Rutgers Robert Wood Johnson Medical School Family Medicine Residency Program. Also in 2015, the hospital was re-designated with Magnet status for nursing excellence by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) of the American Nurses Association.
Please Click APPLY to submit your resume for consideration
Basic Cardiac Life Support
Registered Nurse Certified
Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (Acls)
Basic Life Support