Description of Work
We are looking for a detail-oriented and solution-driven individual to join our OSHR leadership team!
The primary purpose of the Business Operations Director/CFO position is to carry out the mission of the Office of State Human Resources through the financial management of its budget. The Business Operations Director/CFO serves as a member of the leadership team and strategically directs and manages the planning, development, and implementation of all budgets (general funds and receipts), accounting, financial reporting, and business functions of the agency. As part of this position's budget role, the Business Operations Director will research and provide viable options to maximize financial resources to achieve agency goals. This position will work closely with executive leadership to develop and maintain the agency's strategic plan and ensure that the agency remains up to date on crisis management and contingency planning.
Additional Responsibilities include:
* Operational and facilities management
* Oversight of ITS coordination, and other operational management/administrative support services
* Oversight of procurement services
* Liaison with DOA's internal audit staff
The position will establish/maintain solid financial management procedures, fiscal controls, budgeting, forecasting, and ongoing strategic analysis and monitoring to report on all budget and financial activity.
The Business Operations Director will also work with a variety of state and federal partners such as OSBM, NC DOA, and OSC to ensure that all appropriate rules, regulations, and requirements are met.
The position requires an understanding of the strategic direction of the Office of State Human Resources to ensure the alignment of resources. This position will be supported by an assistant business operations director and a business services coordinator.
Any telework will be under the conditions of the state Teleworking Program Policy and the employer may end any teleworking arrangement at any time at the employer's sole discretion.
The Business Operations division provides leadership and administrative management which includes budget development and monitoring, internal audit, contract, and procurement reviews, operational and facilities management, contingency planning, administrative support services, ITS coordination, and other operational management and support services.
The Office of State Human Resources (OSHR) serves as the "Center of Human Resources Expertise" for the State of North Carolina through an integrated, professional Human Resources Team that is collaborative, strategic, and customer-focused, and supports state government efforts to attract, retain, develop, and motivate a high-performing, diverse workforce. Knowledge, Skills and Abilities / Competencies
* Considerable knowledge of personnel and business operations services
* Considerable knowledge of strategic planning and resource allocation
* Demonstrated knowledge of fiscal and budgetary practices and methodologies.
* Demonstrated knowledge of state government/public sector policies, practices, and applications
* Demonstrated experience working with GAAP fiscal theory, techniques, and practices
* Demonstrated experience working with NCAS (NC Accounting Systems), NC IBIS (Integrated Budget Information System) and NC Integrated HR/Payroll Systems (formerly known as BEACON), or similar systems
* Demonstrated experience establishing financial and/or budgetary and administrative criteria for project funding and control
* Proven ability to make oral and written presentations aimed at reaching a variety of audiences
Classification / Grade: Business Director/NC22 Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
Master's degree in business administration, public administration, or other discipline related to the area of assignment from an appropriately accredited institution and three years of progressive administrative experience involving participation in the supervising, planning, and management of a business or governmental program; or
Bachelor's degree, in business administration, public administration, or other discipline related to the area of assignment from an appropriately accredited institution and five years of progressive administrative experience involving participation in the supervising, planning, and management of a business or governmental program; or equivalent combination of training and experience.
Supplemental and Contact Information
Questions during your Application Process?
The Office of State Human Resources (OSHR) uses the Merit-Based Recruitment and Selection Plan to fill positions subject to the State Human Resources Act (SHRA) with highly qualified individuals. It is the policy of the State of North Carolina and the Office of State Human Resources (OSHR) that all employees provide proof of employment eligibility (immigration and naturalization) on the first day of employment. We participate in E-Verify (Employment Eligibility Verification System).
All applicants must complete and submit a state application for employment using the NEOGOV Online Job Application System ([ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Business Operations Director
for the State of North Carolina to the Human Resources Division of OSHRby 11:59 pm on the closing date or the application will be deemed untimely and will not be processed. This includes both online and paper application submissions/uploads.
To receive credit for work history and credentials, the applicant must list the information on the online application form underneath the Work Experience section, specifically "Duties Summary". Any information omitted from the application cannot be considered for qualifying credit. The State of North Carolina welcomes attached or incorporated resumes, cover letters, and reference information, but these items will not be used for screening for qualifying credit or in lieu of a completed and submitted state application."See Resume" or "See Attachment" on a submitted application instead of a completed application with detailed work duties, the submitted application will NOT be accepted.
Reference checks will be performed on all top finalists. If the position requires a background check and/or drug screening that will also be performed on all selected top finalists.
The Office of State Human Resources (OSHR) is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
* Applicants requesting and receiving an accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) are eligible to submit paper applications via mail or by fax reference the contact information below. All applicants should indicate the position number and job title in the section "Jobs Applied For".
* Applicants seeking Veteran's Preference must attach a DD form 214, Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty, along with the state application.
* Applicants seeking National Guard Preference must attach an NGB 23A (RPAS) if they are a current member of the NC National Guard in good standing.
* If applicants are former member of the NC National Guard who served for at least 6 years and was discharged under honorable conditions, they must attach either a DD256 or NGB 22 along with their state application.
* Applications for positions requiring specific coursework must be accompanied by a copy of the applicant's transcript.
* Applicants with degrees not conferred at a United States College or University must attach a degree verification that their degree is equivalent to a similar degree from a U.S. institution.
* The Office of State Human Resources uses the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES) as a referral resource for applicants who need to have their credentials certified as equivalent. For a list of organizations that perform this specialized service, please visit the NACES membership website at [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Business Operations Director
Transcripts, degree evaluations, and cover letters may be uploaded with your application.
To check the status of an application, please log in to your NC Government Job Opportunities account and click on the applicant profile and click on "Applications". For a general application status, the page will show all statuses to the right of the job underneath "Submitted". For detailed application history for a particular job, click on "History" to the side of the job to see your Step Evaluation Progression. It is not necessary to contact the Human Resources Office to check the status of an application. Upon the closing date, applications are "Under Review". Due to the volume of applications received, we are unable to provide information regarding the status of your application over the phone. To check the status of your application, please log in to your account.
Please refrain from submitting multiple applications.However, if multiple applications are submitted to an individual posting, only the most recent application received prior to the posting close date will be accepted.
For technical issues with your application, please call the NEOGOV Help Line at
. Or, for technical issues with your Government Jobs applicant account, please call their Help Line at
Applicants may be communicated with via email, phone, and text on the statuses of their application or stages of their application, depending upon their contact delivery preference chosen at the time of application. If there are any questions about this job posting other than your application status, please send questions to the contact below.
For additional information:How Do I Get the Job
Learn more about OSHR here: [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Business Operations Director
Learn about employee perks/benefits: [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Business Operations Director
Follow us on social media:
Facebook: [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Business Operations Director
@(NC Office of State Human Resources)
Twitter: [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Business Operations Director
LinkedIn: [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Business Operations Director
(@State of North Carolina)
For further information please contact:
Karen Cheek, Human Resources Business Partner
Office of State Human Resources (OSHR)
Division of Human Resources
1331 Mail Service Center
Raleigh, NC 27699-1331
- Problem Solving
- Team Building
- Motivate Team
- Manage Financial Resource
- Strategic Planning