EchoStar Corporation (NASDAQ: SATS) is a premier global provider of satellite communication solutions. Headquartered in Englewood, Colo., and conducting business around the globe, EchoStar is a pioneer in communications technologies through its Hughes Network Systems and EchoStar Satellite Services business segments. For more information, visit echostar.com. Follow @EchoStar on Twitter.
Hughes Network Systems, an EchoStar company, has an opportunity for a Senior Array Antenna Engineer
for our office in Germantown, MD. This is an exciting position where the candidate will be involved in design and testing of state-of-the-art RF and antenna technology for next generation LEO/MEO/GEO satellite communication systems. You will be instrumental in designing and developing Innovative solutions to serve customers in fixed, Aeronautical, land-mobile and maritime domains.Responsibilities:
- Analyze system requirements and derive antenna and RF sub-system requirements
- As member of antenna design team, conduct detailed design of low-cost radiating elements and polarizers that work over wide bandwidths and wide scan angles
- Develop test plans and generate detailed test procedures for RF and phased array antenna subsystems.
- Conduct near field and far field measurements, collect results, analyze and present to internal teams and customers, when needed
- Interface with factory teams to provide antenna test fixture related inputs
- Interface with vendors and suppliers on the selection of test equipment for the antenna lab
- Master's degree in electrical engineering or related field.
- 5+ years' experience with advanced electromagnetics, antennas, polarizers and radomes
- 5+ years of array design experience
- Ph.D in electrical engineering
- Detail-oriented, self-motivated and focused individual to solve practical problems in the lab without needing specific directions
- Strong familiarity with test equipment like vector network analyzers, spectrum analyzers, signal generators, noise figure meters, power meters etc.
- Able to make antenna pattern measurements including active element patterns, gain, G/T, beam-width, sidelobe levels, co and cross polarization levels, Axial Ratio, Return loss, Insertion Loss, coupling factors.
- Strong familiarity with simulation tools such as HFSS, CST, ADS and MATLAB
- Familiarity with a wide variety of RF printed circuit technologies including stripline, microstrip, co-planar waveguide.
- Familiarity with high density PC board interconnect methods including micro-via, blind and buried via, in RF and microwave environments.
- Familiarity with cavity resonance issues of enclosed antenna structures
- Knowledgeable about electronic beam forming, beam steering and array synthesis.
Will be eligible for discretionary bonus, with funding based on company performance.
EchoStar is committed to offering a comprehensive and competitive benefits package. Our programs are designed to provide you with the ability to customize your benefits to best meet the needs of you and your family. Our philosophy for these programs is to support and encourage healthy living and wellness. Our benefits package covers it all-from healthcare savings plans to education assistance and more!
Financial: 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match; employee stock purchase plan; profit-sharing; company-paid life insurance, AD&D and disability
Work-Life Balance: Paid Time Off (PTO), company-paid holidays, health and wellness events, exercise and sports facilities (locations may vary)
Employee Incentives: Tuition reimbursement, employee referral program, year round employee events and community programs, discounts on Dish Network and HughesNet
Health: Medical, Dental, Vision, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Health Savings Account (HSA) with opportunities to earn employer contributions; Health Care, Dependent Care and Transportation Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
EchoStar and its Affiliated Companies are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law. U.S. Persons or those able to obtain and maintain U.S. government security clearances may be required for certain positions. EEO is the law.
- Attention To Detail
- Electrical Engineering
- Network Analysis
- Phased Array