Benchmark’s company culture is central to our management philosophy. The company’s stated purpose is “to provide an entrepreneurial environment where determined people dare to create, share, and build futures.
To be the “benchmark” by which all others are judged takes passion, courage, and dedication. We invite you to explore our extraordinary offering of unique opportunities, all with a common goal of providing an unforgettable journey.
Job Description Summary:
The Steward Dishwasher will clean and maintain the kitchen as well as the supplies and equipment.
The David Rubenstein Forum is a University-wide facility for scholarly and academic discourse on campus. The venue supports and promotes inquiry, the open exchange of ideas, and the power of academic, interdisciplinary convening. The Forum is located at the intersection of East 60th Street and Woodlawn Avenue. It serves as a place where scholars gather and exchange ideas through activities that range from talks and workshops to multi-day conferences that span academic disciplines. The facility provides spaces and amenities that are not currently available on campus, including highly collaborative, well-appointed meeting and event rooms commensurate with the types of conferences, special events, workshops, and meetings that University faculty and academic departments host. The building has a sustainable design target of LEED Gold.QUALIFICATIONS: EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, TRAINING, & WORK EXPERIENCE
- Ability to follow written and verbal directions.
- Able to count accurately Must be able to read and write.
- Willingness and ability to work hard labor.
- Load dishwasher with dirty dishes as needed.
- Follows proper scraping, sorting, and stacking procedures to minimize breakage
- Make sure that the dishwasher machine is cleaning properly at proper temps to ensure sanitization.
- Keep and maintain a clean and organized workstation at all times. Make sure that the dishes are clean and sanitized.
- Stack and store dishes properly in their assigned areas Sweep and mop kitchen as needed.
- Clean walls and kitchen ceiling as needed. Inspect and refill paper towels, and hand soap at all wash basins throughout the kitchen and in associate restrooms.
- Sweep and mop the kitchen during meal periods as needed and or as directed by a supervisor.
- Removes trash discretely from public areas at appropriate times of low business and guest flow.
- Follow building recycling protocols.
- Respond to any reasonable task as assigned by supervisor or manager.