To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Windsor, MO 65360
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Evening Inpatient Nurse LPN
Compass Health Network • Windsor, MO
Posted 11 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
The LPN provides direct and indirect patient care in the psychiatric setting. Maintains standards of Professional Nursing Practice. Participates as an interdisciplinary team member responsible for overall coordination of care and services delivered to clients. Works collaboratively with members of the health care team to provide patient/family education. Demonstrates competency to provide age appropriate care to preadolescents (3-12), adolescents (13-17), adults 18 and older including geriatrics. This job is classified as Category I and may involve tasks with exposure to blood, body fluids or tissues.
In the absence of nurse volunteers, prn nurses, flex team nurses secured by reasonable efforts or contracted temporary agency staff and if qualified reassignments cannot be made, the hospital may require mandated overtime to fulfill obligations based on the Missouri Nurse Practice Act to perform patient care which is required.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS – JOB SPECIFIC
• Requires leadership and team skills.
• Requires effective verbal, written and nonverbal communication skills.
• Possesses cognitive, organizational and emotional abilities and maturity to deal effectively with multiple stressors, deadlines and difficult situations.
• Provides direct patient care to assigned age groups.
• Requires working with aggressive patients; participates in physical intervention techniques.
• Requires physical strength, agility, and endurance for heavy lifting, moving patients and equipment. Requires bending, lifting, and transporting patients.
• Acts as a Preceptor and educator to new employees.
• Participates in mandatory overtime.
• Participates in the hospital’s Continuous Quality Improvement Program.
• Attends 52 hours of continuing education per year.
• Serves as a member of assigned committees
• Demonstrates skills required for a licensed practical nurse within scope of practice
• Other duties as assigned
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS – COMPANY WIDE
• Regularly attends work except for approved absences
• Attends all training as required
• Maintain professional, “champion” behavior
• Provides quality customer service
• Provides services with a commitment to service excellence
• Works in a way that exhibits a commitment to personal excellence
• Team Oriented and Values Diversity
WORKING CONDITIONS & EXPOSURE RISK
• Regular exposure to blood and/or body fluids
• Regular exposure to biohazard waste materials
• High School/GED required
• Associate’s degree in nursing preferred
At least one year of psychiatric experience preferred
• LPN valid in Missouri
• GPN - must pass the MO NCLEX exam within 90 days of graduation
Compass Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and an E-Verify participant.