The Brink's name is a promise to respect the trust we've earned in over 150 years in business. Every employee honors that promise by offering the highest levels of service and support to our customers. We take pride in our work, and we share a passion about our future. Learn why so many people have made the choice to join our team - and stay here. Job Title
Quality Assurance AuditorJob Description
Brink's Global Services is a division of Brinks Inc. the world's premier provider of secure logistics and security solutions in more than 122 countries across 5 continents. Brink's Global Services specializes in the secure transportation and handling of valuable goods throughout the logistic value chain, from raw materials and components to finished products within the mining, banknote, precious metal, jewelry, security, art and pharmaceutical industries The company has a proud history of providing growth and advancement opportunities for its employees. We have a challenging opportunity for a Quality Assurance Auditor.Job Summary:
The Quality Assurance Auditor is responsible for the verification of physical material held in our storage locations, validating transactions, standard operating procedures and all related customer shipping compliance processes as well as the compliance with Brink's policies, procedures and internal standards at local operating units and subsidiary and group headquarters. This position will review assigned areas within the Quality Assurance audit review and work in partnership with all BGS business units and CIT partners where necessary to ensure that appropriate process and compliance with said processes exist. Through identification of exceptions to established norms, the position will work with other auditors and management in the development of recommended changes to operating procedures and internal controls. Key Responsibilities:
- Execute program steps through transaction testing and observation of operating activities in compliance with Brink's standards; remain alert to changing situations, demonstrate flexibility and adaptability in difficult circumstances and continuously strive to achieve a result
- Ability to work in a warehouse environment, Physical nature of lifting material.
- Review and ensure compliance with the systems, procedures, rules, objectives and timescales set by the organization (Brink's Policy and Procedures and local key regulatory requirements)
- Approach decision-making systematically and logically, ensuring that all the necessary facts and information are available and accurate, carefully considering the decision, and ensuring that actions are carefully considered and astute
- Develop recommended changes in operating procedures and internal controls to correct existing and preclude future exceptions to established norms
- Collect information relevant to the problem, exhibit discipline in ascertaining the root cause, identify and develop a practical solution, communicate the findings and help implement action to resolve the problem
- Willing to or is Forklift certified.
- Perform other duties as assigned or necessary
- Accomplishes compliance work requirements by orienting, training, assigning, scheduling audit.
- Meets work standards by following production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving operational problems; identifying work process improvements.
- Meets cost standards by monitoring expenses; implementing cost-saving actions.
- Ensures compliance with regulations and controls by examining and analyzing records, reports, operating practices, and documentation; recommending opportunities to strengthen the internal control structure
- Verifies assets and liabilities by comparing items to documentation.
- Completes audit work papers and memorandums by documenting audit tests and findings.
- Communicates audit progress and findings by preparing reports; providing information in meetings.
- Supports external auditors by coordinating information requirements.
- Provides management reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing management information.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Enhances compliance department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Works in partnership with all BGS internal business units including but not limited to Operations, Import/Export/Customs Brokerage, Sales, Finance and HR and supports internal initiatives.
- Minimum of 2 years' experience auditing general security requirements and internal controls or similar experience managing internal business review processes.
- Minimum of 2-3 years of business experience in positions of increasing responsibilities in Operations and the leading of teams overseeing detailed processes.
- Must be 21 years of age
- Ability to travel throughout the BGS US footprint domestically and where necessary internationally. Travel will be between 50-75% of time.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience using MS Office and Windows applications with a focus on Excel and other related transportation/logistics software.
- A valid firearms permit or ability to pass applicable firearms licensing requirements if required.
- A valid guard card or ability to obtain a guard card or any other required licenses.
- 2-3 years' experience auditing general security requirements and internal controls in Storage, banking and air freight forwarding industry
- Prior experience conducting multi-level audits and communicating results to internal partners where change is necessary.
- Master's Degree
- CPA, CA, CIA, CFE
- High level of integrity where personal and professional values are aligned with the company's mission, vision and leadership framework.
- Self-aware and self-motivated - comfortable operating with minimal direction and will thrive in a dynamic environment as a leader influencing change and transformation.
- Responsive performance driven
- Able to translate the organization's vision into operational, quantitative plans, goals and schedules for improvement.
- Credible and savvy operator who will be perceived as a trusted consultant and functional expert to senior management, an influential advisor; bold and courageous whilst having the antennae to understand cultural and political nuance.
- Ability to forge strong relationships and work collaboratively within the global network and regional business setting.
- Aptitude to gain credibility with senior leadership and inspire them to understand the value of the strategic pharmaceutical line of business vision.
- Ability to lift 70-100lbs on a regular basis.
- Strong consultative , analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal/communication and presentation skills
- Detail oriented with strong organizational and time management skills
- Solutions oriented
- Good organizational skills and planning
If you have the background and integrity we require and are looking for a challenging opportunity, we hope you will consider employment with Brink's Global Services US, Inc. Brink's provides an outstanding total compensation package for this position. In addition to a competitive salary, we offer to eligible employee's medical, dental, vision, and life insurance plans. We also offer a 401(k) Plan. If you are interested and meet the requirements for this position, please apply.
Brink's is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer, and is committed to maintaining a drug-free workplace. About Brink's
Brink's is the global leader in security and logistics services, trusted by banks, financial institutions and businesses in both public and private sectors. We deliver the currency of the world to businesses in our communities. We do it because we're needed. We do it because we're trusted and valued. We do it because it makes us proud. Brink's Proud. What's Next?
Thank you for considering applying for a job at Brink's U.S. To be considered for this position, you must complete the entire application process, which includes answering all prescreening questions and providing your eSignature.
Upon completion of the application process, you will receive an email confirming that we have received your application. We will review all candidates and notify you of your status should we deem you fit for a job. Thank you again for your interest in a career at Brink's U.S. For more information about future career opportunities, join our talent network, Like our Facebook page or Follow us on Twitter.
Brink's is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, marital status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or history or any other characteristic protected by law. Brink's is also committed to providing a drug free workplace.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
- Attention To Detail
- Banking Services
- Business Informatics
- Business Process Improvement