Robert Half Technology is looking for a Programmer Analyst who combines a real passion for formulating and defining systems scope and objectives with an understanding of software and applications programming and industry requirements. Using research and fact-finding, you will recommend developments and modifications for applications or databases. Do not miss this long-term temporary-to-full-time Programmer Analyst employment opportunity in Omaha, Nebraska.
- Collaborates on establishing communication materials for specific system changes being implemented in production
- Supports end users and other partner groups, providing ongoing training and assistance for a particular application, system or process
- Evaluates user requests for systems changes or improvements. Registers functional requirements and reviews cost, feasibility and utility. Recommends how, when and whether to make the changes
- Assesses and logs issues. Works alongside other programmers to correct problems with code
- Evaluates processing procedures and suggests ways to improve
- Serves as the in-house guide for internal clients experiencing programming problems, consulting on applications, systems and/or processes for identifying and resolving, processing/reporting the issues. Consultation can include troubleshooting and/or education
- Builds and maintains dictionaries for applications and systems support by the analyst
- Build and evaluate programming changes prior to implementation for each systems development phase. Record test cases and expected outcomes. Ensure that requirements are met. May create simple tests or a defined subset of a larger system test. May suggest acceptance/rejection in cases where not all requirements are met
For more information, please reach out directly to Andrea Zick at [ Email removed ] - URL blocked - click to apply
- Command of PC and mainframe hardware/software
- Demonstrated success acting in a project management capacity
- Proficiency in programming languages
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills (verbal, written, and listening)
- 3+ years experience as a project leader for the business portion of developmental applications or major systems improvements
- Stored procedures experience highly desired
- Adeptness in .NET Framework
- Object Oriented Development experience preferred
- Microsoft SQL experience
- Solid understanding of C#
- Strong familiarity with Microsoft SQL Server
Technology doesn't change the world. People do.
As a technology staffing firm, we can't think of a more fitting mantra. We're extreme believers in technology and the incredible things it can do. But we know that behind every smart piece of software, every powerful processor, and every brilliant line of code is an even more brilliant person.
Leader among IT staffing agencies
The intersection of technology and people — it's where we live. Backed by more than 65 years of experience, Robert Half Technology is a leader among IT staffing agencies. Whether you're looking to hire experienced technology talent or find the best technology jobs, we are your IT expert to call.
We understand not only the art of matching people, but also the science of technology. We use a proprietary matching tool that helps our staffing professionals connect just the right person to just the right job. And our network of industry connections and strategic partners remains unmatched.
Apply for this job now or contact our branch office at [ Phone number blocked ] - URL blocked - click to apply to learn more about this position.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
© 2019 Robert Half Technology. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans.
Systems Development Life Cycle
Microsoft Sql Servers
C Sharp (Programming Language)