At [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to HVAC Service Technician and through our businesses including [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to HVAC Service Technician and [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to HVAC Service Technician, we create innovative climate solutions for buildings, homes, and transportation that challenge what’s possible for a sustainable world. We're a team that dares to look at the world's challenges and see impactful possibilities. We believe in a better future when we uplift others and enable our people to thrive at work and at home. We boldly go.
Why Trane Technologies Is The Best Company for HVAC Field Technicians:
- Trane is recognized worldwide as the brand standard for HVAC and Building Controls Systems
- Highly competitive and comprehensive total compensation program including total cash compensation, benefits, holiday and vacation
- Dedicated to a military friendly environment (Veterans are highly encouraged to apply)
- Unlimited opportunities for career development and promotions
- Determined focus to be the employer of choice in our industry (we want to be the company where everyone wants to work)
- World Class continuing education, featuring Manufacturer (OEM) Level Training
- Company-wide commitment to promoting a strong work/life balance
- Organizational encouragement of community involvement and sustainability (green initiatives)
- Late model, clean, and dependable company vehicle, high speed laptop, uniforms, and smart phone
This role has been designated as On-Site –In-person required. Work must be done on-site daily.
This role is the primary service and maintenance contact for Trane Technologies customers in a defined market with a diverse commercial base including Healthcare, Process Manufacturing Facilities, Education Institutions, and Office Complexes. You will be commissioning, troubleshooting, repairing, and starting up HVAC systems in a commercial environment. In order to perform your task you will utilize your knowledge of air conditioning theory, pipe fitting, and mechanical layouts. This position affords you the opportunity to work with internal and external partners ranging from new facility set ups to existing facility retro fits. Trane affords you the opportunity to work directly for a leading manufacture giving you access to technical support, training on newest technology and comprehensive career paths with opportunity for growth
- Coordinates with team leader/project manager and customer to precisely understand requirements for all on-site installation and repairs by forecasting issues, gathering materials and synchronizing on-site work.
- Represents the company by serving as the direct customer contact and is responsible for products and equipment on assigned projects, ensuring customer satisfaction by identifying, diagnosing and repairing equipment and systems at customer’s location.
- Uses cutting edge software and technology, along with a variety of hand-tools, following blueprints or engineering specifications, to diagnose and repair units.
- Displays team effort and dedication to customer by maintaining flexibility to work overtime and weekends as the business requires, including occasional overnight stays.
- Continually enforces safety to the highest standards and maintains security and accountability of company issued and procured assets by recording use, wear and conditions.
- A High School Diploma or equivalent required, and typically 5 plus years of experience in HVAC. Technical School or formal training is preferred.
- Operating knowledge of Microsoft office software and working proficiency with hand held computer (i.e. Smartphone, iPad).
- Must possess a valid driver’s license for a minimum of 12 months, with no major or frequent traffic violations including, but not limited to:
- DUI, Hit & Run, License Suspension, Reckless / Careless Driving or multiple smaller infractions or preventable collisions in the previous 3 years.
- EPA Certification
Additional Requirements and Environmental Exposure:
- Must be able to safely and legally operate a vehicle using a seat belt
- Must be able to wear helmets, safety goggles, fall protection harness and safety boots to safely perform job duties
- Must be able to twist the trunk of your body 90 degrees in each direction
- Must be able to squat and touch the floor with both hands
- Must be able to reach your hands over your head
- Must be able to stand on concrete surfaces for extended periods, routinely up to 4 hours
- This position is highly physical and requires regular use of hands, fingers, walking, stooping, kneeling and climbing ladders. It requires employees to regularly lift and or move up to 10 lbs., frequently lift and/or move up to 40 lbs. and occasionally lift and/or move more than 40 lbs.
- Must be able to safely use a ladder with a 350 lb. total weight limit, while carrying equipment of 50 lbs. or less
- Must be able to maneuver confined access areas, as small as 30” vertical x 45” horizontal
- Must be able to comfortably and routinely access rooftops with extension and/or fixed ladders at heights of 15’ to 20’, and occasionally, up to 50 feet +
- This role may be exposed to variable weather conditions, moving mechanical parts, heights, risk of electrical shock, noisy operating equipment and other variable environmental conditions based on location
Base Compensation Range is $44,500-$103,500.
We offer competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits and programs. We are an equal opportunity employer; all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, pregnancy, age, marital status, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any legally protected status.