The Software Test Engineer is responsible for actively participating in the software delivery process, writing and executing automated tests to ensure quality release.
- Understands the challenges that delivery and operations teams face in their day-to-day work and partner with them to design viable solutions.
Recommends improvements to testing processes, technology, and interfaces that improve the effectiveness of testing teams and reduce technical debt.
- Writes, debugs and executes code used in automated testing efforts.
- Coordinates regression test automation activities across supported applications.
- Defines, implements, and manages processes and “best practices” with regard to automated testing.
- Establishes processes to continually review and select manual test cases for automation test suites.
- Provides metrics on business process and code coverage for automated test suites.
- Presents test results to stakeholders.
- Partners with feature developers and other automation engineers to build the tools and infrastructure to ensure production code is thoroughly tested to the highest standards.
Provides ongoing support, monitoring, and maintenance of deployed products.
Manage the strategy, design and execution of business process tests and usability evaluations.
- Determine testing standards and influence others in best practices.
- Participate in testing activities.
- Manage and communicate all risks associated with the execution of testing as it relates to the quality and predictability of the encompassing program and takes mitigating action when any risks become unacceptable.
- Assess and advise on the possibility of testing process alternatives, including automated testing.
- Initiate improvements to test processes and contributes to their implementation.
- Design and implement test automation frameworks using industry best practices.
Evangelize and implement test frameworks across the software testing teams.
Continue to optimize testing frameworks to meet the needs of the business.
This is a contract to hire opportunity, so please only apply if you do NOT require sponsorship now, or in the future!
If you are interested in applying for this position, please email resume to Email blocked - click to apply and reference job ID #1006507.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178