Cornerstone Healthcare Group, based in Dallas, Texas, was founded in 1990 and provides excellent healthcare services to our patients, residents and their families.
Our employees make a difference, join us so you can too! We pride ourselves on our quality of care, responsive service, and commitment to excellence. We treat each employee, patient and resident like we would a member of our own family, and measure our success by the direct impact we have on improving the quality of life for our employees, patients and residents.
The Licensed Practical Nurse
works closely with Resident Care Assistants to ensure timely response to call for assistance. Oversees resident care including medication administration, obtaining resident vital signs and weight, and reporting any changes in condition to physicians, healthcare proxies and supervisors.
Education and/or Experience:
- Interviews residents to determine medical problems or condition and documents in the chart for the physicians
- Provides service in accordance with the state assisted living standards and Nurse Practice Act.
- Maintains compliance to all personnel policies, established community policies and procedures and Federal and State regulations.
- Participates in the pre-admission and move-in assessments of all AL residents
- Develops and revises cares plans for AL residents based on their needs assessment
- Assists the physicians with resident examinations, reviewing and transcribing physician orders and providing medical treatment as ordered
- Supervises the residents in self-care of medical equipment, such as oxygen, catheters, colostomies, etc.
- Maintains medications through ordering, stocking and monitoring
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Minimum requirements are a Graduate from an accredited school of licensed vocational nursing or licensed practical nursing with current state license in good standing.
- Minimum one (1) year of experience as a nurse, preferably in a skilled nursing setting
- Current state license to practice as an LPN.
- Must maintain current provider CPR certification throughout employment.
Licensed Practical Nurse
Computerized Physician Order Entry