Transdev is the largest private sector operator of multiple modes of passenger transit in North America, providing bus, rail, paratransit, shuttle, sedan and taxi services. We manage over 200 transportation contracts for cities, transit authorities and airports, providing safe and sustainable mobility solutions. Our mission is to improve public transportation, to enhance quality of life and combat global warming.
Evaluates and interacts with the vehicle operators while in revenue service. Responds to system emergencies; investigates and completes accident reports, incidents, and customers’ complaints.
How we are keeping our employees and customers safe:
- Strict adherence to CDC Guidelines
- Enhanced vehicle cleaning/disinfecting measures with concentrated focus on high frequency touch areas
- PPE Distribution (Hand Sanitizer, masks, gloves)
- Social Distancing Enforced
- Enhanced facility cleaning/disinfecting measures with concentrated focus on high frequency touch areas
- Performs all vehicle operator safety evaluation ride checks, observation of operators while making their runs, and prescribes the necessary retraining; maintains radio and telephone contact with transit vehicle operators
- Responds to service problems including rerouting, accidents and incidents with the goal of restoration of interrupted service; supports operators in preparing accident reports
- Interacts with and assists transit passengers as necessary
- Investigates and responds to unsafe location/situation reports; makes recommendations and/or changes to resolve the unsafe situation
- Informs appropriate supervisory personnel regarding operational problems and coordinates efforts toward their resolution
- Helps to ensure that each route is staffed appropriately when
- Covers open routes and assists operators and other Road Supervisors with customer assistance and roadside problems
- Maintains routine records and performs a variety of clerical work activity related to the property operation
- Maintains confidentiality of all information
Other duties as required.
Education, Licensing, and Certifications Required :
- Class B or higher Commercial Driver’s License with Passenger endorsement and Air brake endorsement and current VTT required
Education, Licensing, and Certifications Preferred :
- High school diploma or equivalent, such as GED, preferred
- 2 or more years of relevant operator experience, including leadership experience, required
Skills and Knowledge Required:
- Knowledge of service area and ability to read a map
- Ability to use a computer to generate reports and schedules
- Ability to read, understand, and interpret transit system operating rules, regulations, policies, phases and routes
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Ability to organize and perform work efficiently; strong attention to details
Travel requirement (as a percent): 100% of time is spent in the field
- Must be able to maintain a DOT medical card
- Must be able to work shifts or flexible work schedules as needed.
- Regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to manipulate, handle or feel; reach with hands or arms; and talk or hear.
- Frequently required to sit.
- Occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel crouch or crawl; and smell.
- Occasionally required to lift up to 25 pounds.
- 100% of the workday is spent outdoors monitoring service on routes, transit facilities, and company locations. Must be able to work in extreme heat and cold and in a damp environment with moderate noise.
- Remaining work is accomplished in an office or in a cubicle space equipped with a telephone and computer; time is spent sitting, typing, or looking at a computer.
For more information please visit our website at www.transdevna.com/careers
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions upon request.
Transdev is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion or other legally protected status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
EEO is the Law Poster: [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to LACMTA - Road Supervisor
Drug free workplace
If based in the United States, applicants must be eligible to work in US without restrictions for any employer at any time; be able to pass a drug screen and background check
Job Locations US-CA-Los Angeles
Posted Date 3 weeks ago (11/11/2020 4:10 PM)
Requisition ID 2020-13566
Position Category Other
Internal Reference 747
Internal Code 3 Ind1
Company/Division Transdev Services