To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Chicago, IL
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Building Maintenance Worker - 1st Shift
JLL • Chicago, IL
Posted 16 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
General Summary: The Building Maintenance person will apply a general knowledge of the Electric, Electronic, HVAC, Plumbing, and Carpentry trades. Should be able to repair and/or replace components and/or equipment within the confines of a room. Should be capable of solving various problems, but is not expected to perform troubleshooting functions completely independent of technical assistance. Duties are of maintenance and repair nature.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
Electric responsibilities – replace light bulbs, ballasts, outlets and wall switches. Electronic responsibilities – replace nurse call pillow speakers and program a TV HVAC responsibilities – replace thermostats, in air handlers replace filters and belts Plumbing responsibilities – repair leaky faucets ,toilets, and shower heads, plunge or rod stopped up toilets and sinks Carpentry responsibilities – repair loose baseboards, squeaky hinges; change ceiling tiles, furniture placement, replace batteries in lock and clocks
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
The Building Maintenance person must meet or exceed the requirements as described.
- Basic Elementary School
- High School diploma or GED
- Must have three (3) or more years experience with a general working knowledge of Electronics, Electric, HVAC, Plumbing and Carpentry
- Able to read and interpret blueprints, diagrams, schematics, service manuals, and instructions as necessary to complete all work assignments.
- Able to operate power tools (hand drills, rodders, etc.)
- Ability to read, write, and communicate effectively in performance of a job assignment as well possesses the physical strength and dexterity to effectively perform work assignments
- Strong team player, pro-active, self motivated
- Multi-skilled in repairs and preventive maintenance
- Owns a complete set of hand tools necessary for the trade.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job.
It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements.
JLL Privacy Statement
When you visit JLL websites, JLL may collect information related to those visits, without you actively sending that information. This information may include, for example, the internet browser you are using, your access device’s operating system, the language in which that system presents information to you, your IP (Internet Protocol) address, the web search that took you to the JLL website, the web pages and advertisements displayed to you, and the links you click on.
For additional details please see JLL's Global Privacy Statement or our career site pages for each country.
For employees in the United States, please view our Equal Opportunity and Information Security disclaimers here.