Seeking career growth with a national mortgage company? Lennar Mortgage can help you build the foundation to a long-term mortgage career. Join the team just rated as the #1 Homebuilder Worldwide by Fortune Magazine’s 2021 list of ‘World’s Most Admired Companies’.
Lennar Named #1 Homebuilder Worldwide on FORTUNE Magazine's 2021 List of 'World's Most Admired Companies'
Lennar Mortgage is a proud member of the Lennar family of companies and has the unique opportunity to deliver the personal commitment and accountability of a local lender with the financial backing of a Fortune 150 company.
At Lennar Mortgage, not only do you receive a job - you gain a network, a family, and endless opportunities. Our success is a result of supporting and rewarding our team of elite professionals.
- Medical, Dental, & Vision
- FSA (Flexible Savings Account), DSA (Dependent Savings Account)
- 401(k) w/ company matching
- Maternity and Paternity Leave
- Vacation, Sick, Personal Time Off
- Associate Home Purchase Assistance
- Well Being incentive Bonuses
- Company Holidays (10 annually)
Seek and develop relationships for new business sources both internally and externally. Interview customers to collect and analyze customer financial information. Advise customers on the risks and benefits of various mortgage products and help select the appropriate loan program within Lennar Mortgage roadmap timelines.
- Make sales calls and develop relationships within the community to generate business for the company. Interview customer and secure a complete loan application within five days of the purchase agreement.
- Review leads daily and contact borrowers via telephone and email in an attempt to obtain their loan application. Utilize Mortgage Returns system for prospecting.
- Originate and prepare new loans in accordance with the “Loan Officer” agreement, signed at the time of employment, to ensure all loans meet the guidelines of the Products and Policies manual for upfront submission.
- Advise and recommend to the customer regarding the various mortgage loan products based on the customer’s individual needs.
- Recommend to customers the appropriate mortgage loan product to best fit the customer’s financial and individual needs.
- Achieve loan decision within five days of loan application.
- Achieve Conditional Loan Approval I status within thirty days of application date.
- Review interest rates as needed and lock all loans with the borrowers in accordance with the Secondary Marketing Pricing and Rate Lock Policies and Procedures manual, at least fifteen days prior to closing.
- Participate in builder and realtor functions, status meetings, phase releases, phone banks, special events, etc., to develop and maintain relationships and customer service.
- Be accessible to the buyers and associates and return calls in the same day.
- Build rapport with and maintain open lines of communication with borrowers, builders, realtors and processors and provide outstanding customer service.
- Solicit new business from home builders and realtors.
- Travel to communities to meet with borrowers and obtain loan applications as necessary.
- Meet or exceed closed loan capture rate and spot loan objectives for the division as determined Provide assistance to New Home Consultants on pre-qualifications of customers; provide status of loans as required.by the Division Manager and based on annual business plan.
- Maintain reports and notes within origination computer system to ensure complete exchange of information regarding loan application, loan status, conversations with customers, underwriting, lock in information, monthly projected closings, incentive, and expense reports.
- Participate in weekly “Pipeline” meetings with processor(s) or phone calls as required with full working knowledge of each file. Assist loan processing and closing departments to facilitate accurate and expeditious processing and closing of loans.
- Provide cash to closing information to NHC’s for Spotlight homes on a weekly basis.
- One to two years as a Loan Officer or a Loan Officer Associate.
- General mortgage banking background, including knowledge of lock procedures
- Ability to maintain flexible work schedule, including evening and weekend work
- Strong computer background with 1 to 2 years’ experience in mortgage software
- Four-year college degree (preferred)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong advisory and customer service abilities
- Attention to detail and excellent organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent analytical capabilities
- Strong work ethic
- General office skills - ability to answer and coordinate telephone calls, take written messages and perform light bookkeeping
- Ability to study material independently
- Ability to drive motor vehicle
- Valid driver’s license
- NMLS License & specific State license and bond requirements and required training
Regular interaction with Home Building Division staff and management, sales associates, prospective homebuyers, lender representatives, Lennar Title Associates and Mortgage Division staff.
Requires the ability to operate a personal computer, fax machines, copier, climb stairs, bend, stoop, reach, lift, move, and carry materials and supplies weighing 20 pounds or less. Finger dexterity is required to operate a computer keyboard.
- Must have positive attitude, work well under pressure and be a team player Must possess professional attitude to represent company in a positive manner Interact well with co-workers
- Understand and follow posted work rules and procedures Accept constructive criticism
- Work weekends and evenings as needed
- Attention To Detail
- Hardworking And Dedicated
- Client Rapport
- Mortgage Loans
- Positive Attitude