To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Philadelphia, PA
- Phone: 000-000-0000
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Staff Civil Engineer
Pennoni Associates Inc. • Philadelphia, PA
Posted 1 month ago
Pennoni is a multidisciplinary consulting engineering firm founded more than five decades ago. We approach engineering challenges from a wider spectrum of angles than most, from land development to energy management. Our goal is to help communities and private sector clients alike navigate the ever-changing technological advancements available and learn how best to integrate "smart" solutions into the current landscape to make them a part of resilient and sustainable planning. Our combination of talent and experience generates unprecedented solutions for diverse and iconic projects around the globe.
Pennoni is currently looking for a Staff Civil Engineer in our Pittsburgh, PA office. The candidate will be responsible for management, preparation and coordination and of all technical activities on assigned projects. The position plans, schedules, conducts and coordinates assigned engineering work, monitors work for compliance to applicable codes and accepted engineering practices and standards, and ensures that all assigned personnel are coordinating their activities with other project participants and that the requirements of the Contract are being satisfied.The candidate will be able to ensure completion of projects on schedule and within budget constraints. As a licensed professional engineer, the candidate will have the authority to seal engineering documents.
This position is expected to have competent technical knowledge and awareness to be able to recognize when technical problems are developing and to initiate appropriate corrective actions. Acts as the designated representative for Client and jurisdictional agency personnel, and coordinates of all internal activities performed by engineering staff. Plans, directs, supervises and controls the execution of all business, technical, fiscal, and administrative functions of the assigned program or project from conceptual design through construction. Is customer focused with a personal drive and reputation for meeting commitments and providing innovative solutions. Leads development of proposals, presentations, and cost estimates. Manages multi-discipline project delivery; ensures compliance with overall project objectives.
Why Work With Us?
At our core, we recognize that the unique qualities of our Pennoni individuals are essential for innovation and growth as a whole. Pennoni, an ENR Top 500 consulting engineering firm, offers many opportunities to help you build your career. We continually strive to build a great workplace where our employees trust the people they work for, enjoy the people they work with, and take pride in what they do.
- Bachelors Degree in Civil or Agricultural Engineering;
- 7 years of experience
- 3 years of management experience
- Computer Skills Required: AutoCAD Civil3D 2017 including the associated applications of Hydroflow Hydrographs and Storm Sewers, Arc GIS, Revit, Microstation, HEC-RAS, Hydrology Studio, Carlson 2016, WaterCAD, Microsoft Office Word, and Excel
- EIT required
- PE license in Pennsylvania and/or Ohio desired
- Experience on various site design projects, retail, commercial, and public sector projects, with experience in residential and commercial layouts, planning and engineering.
- Specific design experience required with site layout, grading, storm drainage, stormwater management, utilities, and erosion control.
- Familiarity and significant project experience with entitlement processes and local permitting regulations in Pennsylvania and Ohio.
- Experience with preparing stormwater management reports, erosion and sedimentation control plans, NOI's, SWPPP's and NPDES Permit applications to the PADEP and OEPA.
- Experience with designing storm sewer systems including retention/detention basins.
- Experience with preparing cost estimates and technical specifications as well as conducting pre-bid and pre-construction meetings.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Effective collaboration skills.
- Team Player with willingness to adapt and learn new responsibilities and tasks.