Every day, the people of TSYS® and Netspend® improve lives and businesses around the globe through payments. We make it possible for millions of people to move money between buyers and sellers using our payments solutions including credit, debit, prepaid and merchant services. We are "People-Centered Payments", and our team has the unique opportunity to help create a world in which payments make people's lives easier and better. This is both a tremendous honor and an important responsibility for those who accept the challenge. If you are looking to make a valuable difference for people everywhere — and for yourself — we may have the right place for you.
Who we are…
At TSYS, we’re building the future of payments. As a member of the Digital Innovation team, you’ll be part of a team that’s passionate about technology and about modernizing the payments landscape. We leverage technology in completely new ways to construct fully automated financial platforms that live in the cloud and take advantage of the latest machine learning, mobile, IoT and advanced capabilities. In fact, we’re the engine behind many of the world’s largest financial brands, with award winning platforms that provide service to millions of customers, every single day..
As an Associate Director, Application Systems your responsibilities will include….
Leading people and teams by supporting their development, managing various innovation initiatives and providing technical direction across a diverse team of 10-15 product engineers, technical analysts and automation engineers. You’ll need the ability to dive deep, and have a “hands on” approach to the team and the underlying technology stack. You’ll also need to have familiarity with open technologies and modern architectural approaches. You’ll lead in an agile environment where leaders typically focus 20-30% of their time building a positive, energetic culture to keep momentum moving in a positive direction.
Who you are…
You’re someone who wants to influence your own development. You’re not intimidated by technology, you know how to leverage it and partner with technical experts to build great products. You know what to do to make things happen. Your skills are broad – business, technology, user experience, leadership – and you easily transition between those regularly. You like to leverage modern tools, and a simple but organized process to keep the teams and stakeholders on track and in-line with organizational business and technical objectives. You’re also comfortable in a role where you transition seamlessly between managerial activities and low level technical details, at times dropping into code to help the team meet its objectives while also keeping your skillset sharp. Some other things we’ll expect:
- Experience working on large-scale, high volume applications
- Rapid personal pace with ability to deliver and drive results
- Deep understanding of software quality and what it takes to construct resilient and impactful solutions
- Strong mentoring capability and communication – both verbal and written
- Ability to recruit people, screen candidates and be selective
- Active involvement in setting technical and product strategy
- Passion to build strong, self-sustaining engineering teams
- Energetic, open and collaborative across all teams and roles
- Ability to practice servant leadership which is key to our success and culture
To qualify, you’ll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in computer science, information technology or business information systems or related field
- Extensive “full stack” software delivery experience (8 years or more) across multiple disciplines – hands-on development , Devops and project management..
- 5 or more years experience in a technology focused managerial role with very clear leadership attributes – ability to set direction, grow team members, set goals, prioritize and recruit talent, among others.
- Heavy exposure and implementation experience in modern technology, architecture and automation patterns.
- Fluent, open communication style – speaking, writing, collaborating
What’s it like to work in our Team?
Our Digital Innovation Team is a team of advanced technical experts in a variety of fields who work together to incubate new capabilities in a rapid, prototype-oriented environment that emphasizes “product over process”. We’re huge advocates of open source and as a member of the Digital innovation team, you’ll not only work on innovative user experiences, massive data sets and infrastructure at scale, but you’ll also be working with a team of people who represent some of the best and brightest minds in payments. We have a growth culture that emphasizes learning and adoption of technologies that push the envelope, plus an open work environment that emphasizes collaboration across teams. Like what you see? Come join us!
What Are We Looking For in This Role?
TSYS Minimum Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree
- Relevant Experience or Degree in: related field of study from an accredited university is required; however, relevant experience in lieu of a degree may be considered.
- Typically a minimum of 8 years
- related professional experience including a minimum of 5-6 years experience in a managerial position.
- 10% travel to other TSYS locations
Not Ready to Apply? URL blocked - click to apply
TSYS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) committed to employing a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. For more information about your rights, URL blocked - click to apply.
Qualified individuals with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodations to assist in their pursuit of employment with TSYS. This includes assistance in completing the job application (online or otherwise) and reasonable accommodations during the hiring process. For assistance with reasonable accommodations needed to apply for a job, please contact the TSYS Pay and Benefits Center between 8 a.m. and 7 p.m. Eastern Monday-Friday at +1.706.644.8747 or +1.877.644.8747 or email at URL blocked - click to apply.
Outside of US Applicants:
TSYS is committed to diversity and equal opportunities for everyone. We are committed to ensuring that all job applicants and team members are treated equally, without discrimination because of gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability, age or any other characteristic prohibited by law. For more information, please refer to our Code of Business Conduct and Ethics, URL blocked - click to apply.
Request For Proposal