To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
S45 W29290 Wisconsin 59
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Generac • Waukesha, WI
Posted 8 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Generac Power Systems – Work with the leader in the power industry! Our office in Jefferson, WI is seeking an Engineer II.
The Engineer II is responsible for providing engineering input to the product development projects assigned to him/her including interfacing with the cross functional team consisting of engineering, operations (industrial engineering, production, and material procurement, sourcing) quality, service, and marketing.Responsibilities
- Designs, validates, and brings new products to market.
- Provide new product development in the Industrial, Commercial, Residential and/or Retail generator or Power Tools product area including; Creating and maintaining CAD models, drawings, and BOMs, Supporting product development plans (schedule, product cost, meeting design inputs), Interfacing with internal company personnel, Provide technical support for assigned projects.
- Specifies precise new product functional requirements; designs, tests and integrates moderately complex components to produce final designs; and evaluates the design's overall effectiveness, cost (including cost/benefit analysis), reliability (risk analysis), and safety.
- Designs, develops, executes and evaluates fitness-for-use testing, product specifications and process validation plans for a variety of standard products and/or components; creates and reviews material part specifications and bills of materials.
- Collaborates with internal manufacturing partners, contract manufacturers, designers and product specialists to optimize more complex designs for manufacturability.
- Utilizes CAD (Computer Aided Design) or CAE (Computer Aided Engineering) systems to model new designs and produce detailed engineering drawings.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Supporting product development plans (schedule, product cost, meeting design inputs).
- Develops less experienced engineers.
- Act as SAP Super User within functional area as assigned.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or related discipline;
- 2 or more years of relevant work experience;
- Design experience with a variety of materials (plastics, alumni castings, sheet metal, etc.) and basic knowledge of material specs and use;
- Experience in new product design and development
- Experience conducting analysis using FEA, CFD, etc.;
- Experience with 3D modeling such as Creo or SolidWorks;
- Experience with SAP or equivalent ERP;
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to perform detail oriented work with a high degree of accuracy;
- Demonstrated written communication and presentation skills;
- Ability to translate technical information to all audiences;
- Able to solve moderate to complex engineering problems;
- Good decision-making skills;
- Technical Skills to include 3D modeling (ProE or SolidWorks);
- MS Excel, MS Word;