Area Director - Sales
Windstream Enterprise has an immediate need for an Area Director interested in working alongside fellow WE employees in building a foundation for our customers’ success. We do this by acting as Pathfinders, pursuing a daily dedication to the following behaviors:
• We approach each situation with a responsive and highly agile style, always meeting customers on their own terms.
• We take the time to listen, learn and acknowledge the context of a customer’s pain points.
• We dig deeper into problems and seek new and better answers for our customers’ unique requirements.
• We guide customers towards the right solutions by leveraging our deep expertise and portfolio of innovative next-generation technology.
• We deliver a direct response to our customer’s needs, focusing on technologies that set the stage for growth.
- Creates and implements personal business plans including team goals as well as individual goals for sales reps to ensure quotas are met.
- Manages and guides direct sales activities of the sales representatives. Directs their activities related to their respective group of assigned accounts, focusing upon retention (through securing long-term contracts), profitable growth of existing revenue streams and creating new revenue sources through securing new Windstream accounts. Monitors performance through consistent joint sales calls with reps
- Ensures reps are completing daily and weekly tasks to fulfill their 'Personal Business Plan' and achieve quota. (if needed takes take disciplinary action)
- Drives reps to consistently achieve above-quota performance
- Develops recommendations on growth opportunities for key target accounts by conducting strategic planning activities to ensure reps are meeting customers' product and service needs
- Recruits and hire the sales reps with the desired knowledge, skills and abilities
- Provides reps with professional and technical advice on business applications to ensure they are equipped to provide customer satisfaction by fulfilling customer needs
- Trains or provide training to reps on Windstream's entire converged product portfolio
- Establishes and maintains contact and rapport with employees, customers and prospective customers
- Strong written, communication and presentation skills are required to compose proposals, routine letters, and present proposals and maintain influential relationships at all levels within the organization.
- Thorough knowledge of telecommunication products and services is required as well as innovative problem-solving skills to influence the sale and diffuse potential customer problems.
College degree or equivalent and 8-10 years professional experience with 2-3 years supervisory experience; or 12 years professional level equivalent related experience with 2-3 years supervisory experience; or a combination of education and related professional level experience required.Job Category:
105 Westwood Pl Suite 100 |US|Tennessee|Brentwood\EEO Statement:
Employment at Windstream is subject to post offer, pre-employment drug testing. Equal Opportunity Employer including minority/female/disability/veteran; Without regard to: race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or employment status. Windstream is a drug-free workplace.