ABF Freight is a logistics company with creative problem solvers who deliver integrated solutions for complex supply chain challenges.
Wanting to join the ABF Freight family? In our search for top talent, we are looking for those that will further enable us to deliver on our vision and fully support our values-driven culture.
Currently, we are looking for a Over and Short Control Spec-Disposition Requests to join the ABF Freight team. As a member, you will be responsible for the handling of disposition requests within the system.
Your contribution may include:
* Provide handling or specific instructions to the field regarding disposition freight
* Work all dispositions pertaining to general office OS&D accounts
* Maintain and keep current records of all general office OS&D accounts
* Work U-Pack on hand shipments, may include negotiation with the customer, if needed, to achieve delivery
* Verify all disposition freight sent into the dead freight house to be released for auction
* Return shipments from the dead freight house if required and update system accordingly
* Make any needed corrections to all Pending Letters
* Follow up with service center management when dispositions are handled incorrectly
* Keep disposition queue and pending letter queue current on a daily basis
* Work in a team setting to accomplish department goals
* Other duties, as assigned
As an Over and Short Control Specialist, you will be a member of the ABF Freight Cargo Claims and Preventions team in Fort Smith, AR. Your hours will be Monday through Friday, 8:00am to 5:00pm, with irregular hours that may occur depending on work load.
Ready to apply? Before doing so, please make sure you meet the minimum requirements:
* Bachelor's degree, preferred
* Knowledge of ABF Freight procedures and policies and handling procedures of all disposition freight according to the Cargo Claims and Prevention Manual
* Knowledge of hazardous material requirements, ATA Freight Claim Rules, Bill of Lading Contract, and the National Motor Freight Classification
* Knowledge of typing/keyboarding and computer programs to accomplish the job duties
* Interpersonal and customer service skills
* Must be detail oriented and enjoy a fast paced, multi-tasking environment
* Must have excellent verbal and written communications and organizational skills
* Must display sense of urgency, ability to work under pressure, with attention to detail
If you require accommodation in the application process, please contact  [ Email address blocked ] - Click here to apply to Over and Short Control Spec-Disposition Requests
or call us at
. An Equal Opportunity Employer including Vet/Disability.
1. mailto:[ Email address blocked ] - Click here to apply to Over and Short Control Spec-Disposition Requests
Attention To Detail