To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Westchester, IL
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Sr. Accountant-Retail Accounting
Follett • Westchester, IL
Posted 5 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Performs complex financial analyses to summarize current and projected organization financial position. Recommends methods and procedures to improve accounting processes. Performs activities relating to the maintenance of a complete and accurate ledger and the resultant managerial reports and financial statements.
- Maintains knowledge of U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and other relevant accounting regulations.
- Ability to research accounting principles, ensure the application of the principle is applied in accounting impacted processes, and prepare policy and procedure documentation in accordance with GAAP.
- Performs work that is substantially varied and complex. Works on problems and projects of diverse scope which requires originality, ingenuity and in-depth analysis.
- Develops and implements solutions to increase efficiency, continuous improvement and profitability.
- Prepares standard and specialized accounting reports (e.g., balance sheets, income statements, cash flow statements) in accordance with GAAP.
- Assists in month and year-end close processes. Participates in the financial audit preparation during the interim and year-end periods for the external audit.
- Records journal entries, ensures that all assigned asset, liability, and inter-company accounts balance before the end of the month, performs balance sheet general ledger reconciliations, ensures the overall integrity of activity impacting the financials, etc.
- Creates analytical schedules supporting various balance sheet and income statement accounts.
- Acts as a team lead, trains and mentors employees. Ability to work collaboratively with all levels of employees and management to resolve problems and issues, as well as maximize results.
- Possesses the following qualities and characteristics: detailed oriented, organized, self-starter, proactive and independent, strong analytical skills, strong verbal and written communication skills, professional, confident, good judgment and problem solving skills, ability to think and implement outside the box, dedicated, etc.
- Performs other duties and leads in special projects ad-hoc queries, analyses and reports as assigned.
- Hold a Bachelor's Degree in Accounting/
- CPA a plus
- Advanced understanding of generally accepted accounting principles, practices and procedures
- Five to nine years of related accounting/finance experience with a multi unit organization
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft products (excel, access is a plus, etc) and computer literacy
- Advanced communication, analytical, and problem resolution skills
- Strong ability to lead others