To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Sudley Springs, VA 20109
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Senior Accountant (Costpoint V7 Required)
Kforce Finance and Accounting • Sudley Springs, VA
Posted 1 month ago
RESPONSIBILITIES:Kforce has a client in Manassas, Virginia (VA) that is seeking a Senior Accountant (Costpoint V7 Required). Summary: The Senior Accountant will assist in any and all assigned tasks that support the operations of the Accounting and Finance team. Duties can support Commercial and Federal related business needs. The ideal candidate will assist Accounting and Finance management with various special projects as needed and directed. This position is an experienced accounting and finance professional that can perform their duties with little or no supervision. Essential Functions and Responsibilities including, but not limited to:
- Perform monthly bank, merchant, and investment reconciliations
- Reconcile, adjust and maintain balance sheet accounts such as prepaid expense, petty cash, other assets and liabilities
- Compile, enter, and post monthly adjusting journal entries
- Responsible to prepare and review functions for payroll journal entries and reconciliations
- Will setup and maintain projects in accounting system, maintain labor work force, work with and support client team business needs
- Prepare and distribute accurate project status reports and supporting schedules in a timely and regular basis
- Responsible for the coding and review of accounts payable invoices
- Assist with closing the books and in producing monthly financial statements and consolidations
- Will support any internal/external audits and reviews
- Perform all functions relating to Billing, Cash Receipts, and Accounts Receivable for assigned projects
- May support budgeting, indirect rates, cash flow, borrowing base or other bank related business needs
- Expected to prepare and review business compliance needs such as tax support and other applicable State or Federal Regulatory Compliance activities (i.e., incurred cost submissions, provisional and forward pricing submissions, etc.)
- A Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance is preferred, but equivalent years of experience can be substituted
- A minimum of seven years in cost accounting functions is preferred
- Strong Microsoft Office Suite skills with high skill functioning level of Excel Spreadsheets, strong Costpoint and other accounting software skills are required
- Experience with federal government contractor accounting is highly preferred
- Ability to access and accurately input information with little direct supervision
- Must have knowledge of accounting principles (i.e. journal entries, debits, credits, etc.) and accounting functions
- Needs to regularly demonstrate ability to understand core accounting and finance functions and work flow of business systems and internal controls
- Ability to work independently to accurately complete duties and projects
- Ability to accurately work under pressure in meeting deadlines
- Ability to respond in a flexible manner and to re-prioritize work as situations change
- Proven ability to meet the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail and ability to follow-up and follow-through
- Ability to organize time, manage diverse activities and meet deadlines
- Must be a team player and can demonstrate ability to follow directions, support
- Should have working knowledge of GAAP, FAR, DFARS, and CAS
- Display high levels of professionalism and maintain a positive outlook
- Must be proficient with Excel, Word and Outlook applications