Chubb is the world’s largest publicly traded property and casualty insurer. With operations in 54 countries, Chubb provides commercial and personal property and casualty insurance, personal accident and supplemental health insurance, reinsurance and life insurance to a diverse group of clients. The company is distinguished by its extensive product and service offerings, broad distribution capabilities, exceptional financial strength, underwriting excellence, superior claims handling expertise and local operations globally.
AIWASIAN & ASSOCIATES, LOS ANGELES, CA
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
Aiwasian & Associates is a captive insurance coverage law office of Century Indemnity Company, a subsidiary within the Chubb Group of Insurers. Aiwasian & Associates handles complex coverage litigation and provides legal advice on insurance coverage matters for the Chubb Companies in California and the Southwest region of the United States. The Los Angeles office has an opening for an attorney with a minimum of 7 years of experience in insurance coverage litigation. The candidate should be knowledgeable in all aspects of coverage litigation including drafting pleadings and motions, taking and defending depositions, and appearing in trial and appellate courts. The ideal candidate should be knowledgeable of coverage aspects of asbestos, toxic torts and environmental claims. Excellent analytical, negotiation and written and oral advocacy skills are required, as well as an understanding of key insurance coverage concepts.
We seek a highly motivated individual to join our office who exhibits the best-in-class competencies listed below.
Education & Experience:
- Delivery of high-quality work product, services and solutions that demonstrate understanding of the needs and requirements of our clients.
- Adapting to changing needs and environments through proactive, flexible approaches that achieve results.
- Demonstrating character, integrity and professionalism.
- Building collaborative, trusting relationships with team members and clients through superior communication skills, empathy and respect.
- Independently managing work responsibilities through commitment, dedication and accountability, and display an on-going commitment to self-improvement.
Candidate must have at least 7 years of experience in direct coverage litigation. Candidate also must have graduated from an accredited law school, preferably in the top third of his or her class. California Bar admission required.
Chubb strives to offer a diverse and inclusive and rewarding work environment. Teamwork and mutual respect are central to how Chubb operates and we believe the best solutions draw upon diverse perspectives, experiences and skills. We operate in such a way where everyone, regardless of their singular background has the opportunity to contribute to our collective success.
Hardworking And Dedicated