Meggitt is a global engineering group specializing in extreme environment products and smart sub-systems for aerospace, defense and energy markets. We employ over 11,000 people across manufacturing facilities in Asia, Europe, North America, with regional bases in India and the Middle East.
The Senior Maintenance Technician maintains and repairs assigned manufacturing related equipment throughout the facility in accordance with standard procedures, internal requirements, manufacturer's specifications and safety policies. Performs complex skilled work across multiple-functions and operations of the preventive maintenance system. Knowledge of both electrical and mechanical preferred.
DAY SHIFT POSITION: Core hours of 6:00 - 2:30 pm. Single-shift operation. Occasional Saturdays.
Job Core Responsibilities
- Performs maintenance, service and repairs of a complex nature on assigned equipment or systems
- Troubleshoots, repairs and maintains existing mechanical systems and associated equipment including air compressors, air dryers, dehumidifiers, cooling towers, etc.
- Follows detailed operational instructions, procedures and blueprints while conducting maintenance activities
- Oversees the preventive maintenance system and provides required reports
- Determines preventative maintenance requirements for new equipment and trains equipment operators to perform routine maintenance
- Maintains a safe and effective work area/environment; using appropriate personal protective and safety equipment
- Supports the Facilities Function as needed
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance is required. May need to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and additional hours as necessary
Education: A Secondary Certificate/High School Diploma or equivalent combination of relevant education and work experience that will allow successful performance of job expectations.
Certifications: Vocational training, apprenticeships or the equivalent experience in related field
This position requires use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
Meggitt is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-855-474-7665 or URL blocked - click to apply.