To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Fort Atkinson, WI
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Sanitation Supervisor - 3rd Shift
OSI Group • Fort Atkinson, WI
Posted 13 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Responsible for supervising employees and activities required for the safe and efficient cleaning and sanitation of production equipment and building facilities in compliance with company, customer and government requirements.
MAJOR POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plan the day to day allocation of resources (equipment, people, materials and systems) in order to efficiently, safely and cost effectively achieve performance targets as agreed with Production Management
- Document daily departmental activities and review results against established targets and report variances during on-the-floor and review meetings.
- Review daily effectiveness and work with staff from Operations, Quality and Maintenance to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Responsible for all supervisory activities including, but not limited to, scheduling, performance, hiring, discipline, coaching, training and development and termination recommendations.
- Ensure focused improvement tools are effectively utilized in all problem solving situations to address root causes of failures and support continuous improvement initiatives.
- Communicate key information regarding sanitation issues or equipment functionality to Operations management during shift changes.
- Maintain a safe work environment at all times by having safe work instructions, practices, and procedures in place for all positions and ensuring that employees are trained to understand and comply with those procedures. Apply corrective action consistently when required.
- Ensure compliance with all quality and food safety programs through regular adherence to Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s), performance of sanitation audits, food safety checks (HACCP), and product quality checks conducted according to organization policies. Actively participate in prevention and correction of quality-related errors.
- Participate in continuous improvement initiatives by identifying opportunities and recommending changes within own area of responsibility
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Four year college degree in business management, production operations management, agricultural science, food science or equivalent communication and analytical ability acquired through work experience.
- At least two years of supervisory experience in a food manufacturing environment.
- Working knowledge of good manufacturing practices, hazard analysis and critical control points, lean manufacturing and other food safety, quality and manufacturing principles.
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing and verbally with employees at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to work with employees at all levels and to motivate direct reports; specifically mentoring and coaching individuals and identifying short- and long-term development needs and providing appropriate support.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities at one time using effective organizational skills and judgment in an environment of frequently changing circumstances.
- Ability to use the Microsoft Office suite of applications; specifically using Word to create and modify documents, Excel to record data and calculate results, and Outlook to communicate internally and externally.