Manufacturing Maintenance Technician
The Rehrig Pacific family celebrates our people and empowers them to create innovative solutions that effectively and responsibly move goods, resources and ideas. We foster an atmosphere of learning and creativity which promotes the personal and professional growth of our team members. Our commitment to each other is what sets us apart from other organizations. At Rehrig Pacific, you will have a chance to make an immediate, meaningful impact on the business.
The purpose of this role is to ensure the reliability and operation of machinery and auxiliary equipment by completing preventive maintenance according to schedule and responding to troubleshooting and/or repair needs in a timely manner.
• Repair all building issues in accordance with standards.
• Inspect, troubleshoot and repair all capital equipment.
• Monitor and complete preventive maintenance of all mechanical, electrical, pneumatic and electronic equipment including capital equipment (injection molding machines, extrusion machines), air compressors, HVAC, fire suppression and alarm systems.
• Identify and communicate all needs toward maintaining a critical spare parts inventory.
• Work with outside contractors to repair, refurbish or install building systems and equipment on schedule as needed.
• Respond, troubleshoot and perform emergency repair work on manufacturing equipment in a timely manner based on priority established by production management.
• Report status of repair jobs promptly to Shift Manager and Maintenance Manager.
• Complete assigned maintenance tasks to support process improvement, scrap reduction, and other engineering-led activities.
• Perform planned maintenance on extrusion, molding and assembly equipment including but not limited to injection and transfer presses, material mixers, extruders, grinders, scales, testers and assemblers.
• Support and recommend improvement to the preventive maintenance program.
• Support flawless launch activities, participate in kaizen events, and provide facilities maintenance and installation support to complete lean manufacturing efforts.
• Perform all responsibilities in alignment with established SOPs, work instructions, our values and with a strong commitment to safety.
• Successful completion of high school, or equivalent
• Associate's degree or credits from a technical college preferred, with focus in the areas of mechanical, electrical, electronics, hydraulics or pneumatic systems repair
• Strong background on Injection molding machinery - maintenance and troubleshooting
• Ability to read and use Hydraulic, electrical and machine schematics is a must
• Experience with troubleshooting 480V circuits is a must
• Knowledge of pneumatic conveying process and troubleshooting
• Knowledge of Chilled water systems
• Ability to use Multimeter for electrical troubleshooting
• Ability to handle assignment with little or no supervision, take initiative to learn new skills and help team members
• General facilities maintenance experience
• Additional skills desired (not required): Welding, machine shop skills; lean manufacturing knowledge
Rehrig Pacific Company offers competitive pay and a comprehensive benefits package that includes: Health, Dental, Vision plans; company-paid Short-Term and Long-Term Disability and Life Insurance; voluntary supplemental plans; Flexible Spending Accounts; Health Savings Account; 401K Retirement Plan with employer matching; and eligibility for an additional 401K Retirement profit sharing opportunity.
Rehrig Pacific Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, religion, color, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Adjustment Of Components
Troubleshooting Manufacturing Equipment