RSM has an opening for a Consultant focused on Lease Accounting in our Technology and Management Consulting (TMC) Practice. This is a client-facing role focusing on the implementation and support of ASC 842 leasing systems. You will work closely with Project Managers and fellow Consultants in conducting multiple client projects ranging from consulting services, customization design, and technical support, to full implementation. The successful candidate must demonstrate willingness to go the extra mile for the team's success. They will be a problem solver, creative thinker, fast learner, be detail-oriented, and interested in learning their clients' business.
- Guide clients and prospects in their evaluation of ASC 842 system providing information and demonstrations to help them assess fit for their business
- Assist in the defining and implementation of project plans using the RSM Methodology
- Ensure completion of tasks, milestones, and components including but not limited to functional specifications, design specifications, configurations, quality assurance, implementations, and project reviews
- Design and implement ASC 842 systems using RSM Methodology and working with the RSM Technical Accounting Consultants
- Design customizations and collaborate with Application Developers to deliver solutions to automate processes or bridge functional gaps
- Define integration requirements and create solutions in collaboration with Application Development
- Create reports
- Train end users and system administrators on the selected solution, processes and integrations
- Provide clients with ongoing technical support and troubleshooting
- Participate in additional optimization projects as clients businesses change and grow
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting required
- Hands-on, functional experience with financial applications/services
- Ability to travel as needed
- CPA Designation
- Prior work experience in the accounting field and knowledge of general accounting principles, including lease accounting is preferred
- Strong conceptual, analytical, problem solving skills and Client Management Skills
You want your next step to be the right one. You've worked hard to get where you are today. And now you're ready to use your unique skills, talents and personality to achieve great things. RSM is a place where you are valued as an individual, mentored as a future leader, and recognized for your accomplishments and potential. Working directly with clients, key decision makers and business owners across various industries and geographies, you'll move quickly along the learning curve and our clients will benefit from your fresh perspective.
Experience RSM US. Experience the power of being understood.
RSM is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.
Attention To Detail
Complex Problem Solving