The Technical Expert Lead II (TEL II) is the in-house senior content/subject matter expert for an assigned group of grantees and, in collaboration with other TELs and project leadership, a team leader responsible for ensuring the design and delivery of all training and technical assistance (T/TA) as well as deliverables for/with JBS projects. The TEL II coaches and guides staff in the support and implementation of effective, high quality T/TA and communicates with the JBS client(s) per the established project guidelines. The TEL II may also be called upon to supervise project affiliated JBS staff.
Fundamental Requirement: The TEL II must have a passionate commitment to consumer-centric design and delivery of T/TA and an understanding of and commitment to the project's model of T/TA as a strengths-based, continuous process that supports each grantee throughout its journey.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
* Maintain professional expertise in content area, ensuring that subject area knowledge remains current; identify trends, emerging issues, policies, and evidence-based practices (EBPs) and share them with program area staff, other TELs, senior management, our clients, and other JBS staff as appropriate.
* Maintain communication with assigned client contacts, responding to requests; participating in meetings; providing up-to-date information about trends, issues, policies, and EBPs; offering recommendations regarding effective T/TA approaches for grantees, topics for grantee meetings and workshops, and skilled consultants and presenters.
* Ensure T/TA activities carried out by TEL II meet all contractual obligations and requirements of the client/contract.
* Manage, guide, and monitor the design and delivery of all TA; ensure all T/TA related activities are documented (whether in the designated TA tracking system or other method) in a timely fashion.
* Monitor expenditures to ensure all allocated funds are spent and no overages are incurred; may assist with budget development.
* Lead preparation and finalization of written deliverables, including site visit reports, meeting reports, literature reviews, technical documents, and other products (e.g., PowerPoint presentations) as requested by client.
* Guide, and manage assigned T/TA staff in carrying out the support and logistical activities required for delivering all types of T/TA and may supervise staff.
* Support professional growth, learning, and performance of each staff person, leveraging each individual's strengths and maximizing each person's contributions to the project.
* Work with other TELs, the project's senior management team, and JBS client to identify trends in T/TA needs, analyze which types of T/TA work and why, identify emerging issues, and design long-term strategies for taking grantees to higher levels of performance/outcomes.
* Identify issues and successes to ensure transfer of lessons learned and increased efficiency in the delivery of T/TA.
* Collaborate with other TELs to support the exchange of information across all grantees served by the various projects.
* May oversee expenditure tracking and analysis, consultant agreements processing, planning, logistics, and follow up with grantees and consultants, review of expense vouchers, timely and accurate T/TA report preparation and submission.
* As assigned, work with senior management, operations, T/TA staff, and client(s), assist with development of project budgets; assist with monitoring the budget to ensure all allocated dollars are spent and no overages are incurred; ensures expenditures comply with contractual requirements.
* Expert in Mental Health especially as it relates to the Mental Health Block Grant.
Minimum Job Qualifications:
Education: Master's degree in relevant field
Language: English Fluency (oral and written)
Experience: At least 15 years of relevant work experience. Demonstrated applied expertise in specific Public Health topic.
Knowledge: Content Knowledge of current and emerging issues for assigned grant program areas. Strengths-based approach to delivering T/TA and to working with others.
Skills: Interacts well with others in a positive, courteous, and professional manner; functions well as a member of a team and is also able to work independently and without extensive supervision and follows chain of command to address personnel or management concerns. Honors, respects, and celebrates cultural differences. Effective, clear, and professional writing and oral communication skills. Attention to detail.
Location: North Bethesda, MD or Remote work
Preferred job qualifications:
Language: Fluency in a language other than English
Experience: 3 years' direct program management experience. At least 2 years' supervisory experience. Consulting and contract management experience. Proficient in Motivational Interviewing and Cognitive Behavioral Therapy and ability to train on those therapeutic modalities.
OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED: This position description should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of the position nor will it be the sole basis for any subsequent employee evaluations. Incumbents will follow any other instructions and perform any other related duties as may be required by their supervisor.
This position is subject to availability of funds and to any and all restrictions contained in the contract or contracts that provide funding for this position.
If you meet the minimum requirements for this position, please click on the "Apply" link posted below and complete the application. Please include a cover letter and resume.
Our company is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Applicants can learn more about the company's status as an equal opportunity employer by viewing the federal "EEO is the Law" poster at EEOPost.pdf. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
- Attention To Detail
- Coaching And Mentoring
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy