To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Torrington, CT 06790
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Business Development Associate- Equipment
Dymax Corporation • Torrington, CT
Posted 1 month ago
Position Summary: The Business Development Associate is responsible for qualifying opportunities for the financial and market growth of light curing equipment and technologies within new and existing customer bases. The role will lead the investigation and development of strategic business plans, market research, industry intelligence gathering, new channel partner considerations, key account mapping, deep account penetration, and the fulfillment of sales pipeline conversions and opportunities. This individual will collaborate internally with System Integrators, Application Engineers, Sales Territory Managers, Product Managers and Market Segment Managers to realize new business opportunities, foster customer relationships, and deliver top line revenue growth to the firm. This is a “groom-and-grow” positon with upside to Business Development Management, Market Segment Management, Product Management or Sales Management.
- Research and prospect for potential new customers, market segments and business opportunities.
- Map new accounts and explore deeper penetration into existing key accounts by probing for new applications.
- Maintain sales funnel and customer data in the Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software.
- Understand and interpret customer’s technical requirements and manufacturing challenges, providing the most appropriate recommendations for solutions, products and services.
- Maintain awareness of industry, markets and competitor forces; recognizes trends that develop and capture the voice of customer and the voice of market as required.
- Collaborate with internal project teams to develop value prompters, unique selling propositions, points of differentiation, sales campaign collateral, and training material.
- Serve/liaison as a product expert, hosting training to internal and external customers, demonstrating the value-add benefits of the product and service offerings.
- Champion meetings, planning sessions, customer calls/visits, and project management activities to drive successful execution and closure of opportunities.
- Travel to customers, international entities, trade shows, channel partners, and industry or professional development seminars as required (up to 40%).
- Bachelors’ degree in business, marketing or engineering required; Advanced degree preferred
o Preferred candidates will have technical/engineering undergraduate degree, with a Master’s degree in business or marketing.
o Hybrid undergrad degrees that blend engineering and business management also highly considered.
- Minimum 2 to 5 years’ professional experience. Ideal candidates have longer experience tenure, looking for a lateral move in their career out of Engineering or Sales, and into a commercial role in Marketing / Business Development.
- Must have industry relevant business-to-business experience in the field of durable goods manufacturing or within a technology company. Experience with industrial automation and/or mass-production scale up electronics, medical device products, aerospace components, or consumer good is preferred.
- Prior demonstrated ability to learn and support highly technical electro-mechanical products.
- Prior demonstrated ability to self-teach, recalling on past experiences or training to apply to new scenarios.
- Must have capability to blend both technical and commercial skills utilization both work and educational experiences.
- Keen listening skills to extract customer needs, along with the intuition to anticipate their needs and ask key probing questions.
- Proficient with Customer Relationship Management (CRM), Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP), and Product Data Management (PDM) software packages.
- Strong skills in networking, presentations, business writing, public speaking, negotiations, data analytics, organization & planning, sales funnel management and market research.
- High proficiency in MS-Excel, comfortable with databases, and analyzing data form multiple sources.
- Must be able to think independently, act in the best interest of team/corporate goals, and have a high-energy drive for highly quality results and execution.