6-12 month contract in Richardson TX
The Principal Subcontract Specialist will be responsible for the overall subcontract management activities associated with Internal and External suppliers.
These activities would include strategic sourcing, supplier development, supplier performance management, and establishment of complex business agreements/high dollar subcontracts in support of Department of Defense, Government and International contracts.
The Principal Subcontract Specialist is responsible for providing consistent oversight and evaluation of supplier performance, including cost, schedule, quality, and technical performance.
The Principal Subcontract Specialist will monitor the overall performance and reporting of the subcontractor’s daily activities to support the achievement of prime contract requirements and program goals; ensuring continual assessment of risks and opportunities; and supporting active management of these to achieve flawless program execution.
The ideal candidate will draw from extensive program/subcontract management experience to ensure effective subcontractor execution in alignment with program objectives.
Additional Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Manage Fixed Price and/or Flexibly Priced contracts in a compliant and effective manner
• Develop Import/Export plans while adhering to compliance guidelines
• Lead formal Negotiations
• Placement of Purchase Orders that are of Medium to High Complexity
• Maintain compliance with Federal and State Acquisition Regulations (FAR)
• Develop plans to promote cost reduction initiatives and performance improvements to drive flawless supplier execution for RMS programs
• Utilize project management skills and business acumen to develop complex strategic sourcing and pricing agreements
• Manage supplier performance to cost, delivery/schedule, and quality, technical and programmatic/contractual requirements.
• Analyze quotations/proposals to perform price/cost analysis techniques
• Perform risk analysis and develop mitigation plans and develop solutions to problems utilizing ingenuity, creativity and innovation
Required Experience, Skills & Education:
• A minimum of 6 years’ experience in a similar position which may include progressive work in a contract/subcontract, procurement, purchasing, supply chain or buyer/supplier related role
• Working knowledge of (IPD) Integrated Product Development System
• Earned Value and Integrated Master Planning/Scheduling experience
• Experience working with Defense Contract Audit Agency (DCAA) and Defense Contract Management Agency (DCMA)
• Experience interfacing and communicating with all levels within an organization as well as with a large external customer base
• Strong written, verbal and listening skills
• Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain, Finance, Operations, Business or other related field