To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Newport News, VA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Manager of Communications and Public Affairs
The Judge Group • Newport News, VA
Posted 1 month ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Job Req # 599124
Global Manufacturing Company is looking for:
POSITION: Manager of Communications and Public Affairs
LOCATION: Newport News Virginia
SALARY: $80-100K + 20% + Pension
EXPERIENCE: 3+ Years Communications and Public Affairs Experience
RELOCATION: Relocation Package
The Manager of Communications and Public Affairs will drive strategic communications and public affairs initiatives to protect and enhance the reputation of the company. This person will serve as a counselor, adviser and service provider to senior management team, recommending strategic communications and executing on key initiatives for the business, and overseeing external communications for its manufacturing sites in the U.S
- Develop strategic communications programs to advance Company’s business objectives.
- Provide communications counsel on the impact that business decisions may have on Company’s and Company’s reputation and positioning.
- Develop and maintain relationships with Company’s management and plant personnel.
- Manage incident communications as part of Company’s response team.
- Develop and maintain relations with media outlets that cover the industry.
- Develop content for Company’s website, intranet and other collateral.
- Collaborate with Corporate Affairs team on projects and contribute to department programs and strategic planning.
- Maintain collaborative relations and assist with Company-related communications involving other departments
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism or communications is desired and an advanced degree is a plus.
- Minimum 3 years of experience with proven success in PR, communications and media relations.
- Experience representing a complex, publicly held, global company is desired.
- Experience in the chemical or other global manufacturing industries preferred.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Experience with reputation management, crisis management and issue-based communications.
- Maturity, confidence, poise and presence necessary to interface effectively with senior-level executives, as well as external constituencies, such as business partners, media, special-interest groups and local government officials.
- Ability to work under pressure, manage priorities and meet deadlines in a high-performance environment.
- Resourceful problem solver with ability to formulate and execute plans efficiently and effectively.