Job ID: 151812
Oldcastle Infrastructure, a CRH company, is the leading manufacturer of precast concrete, polymer concrete, and plastic products in the United States. Our products range from utility vaults, reinforced concrete pipe, catch basins, drainage and septic tanks, to retaining walls, storm shelters, wall panels, concrete barriers, a variety of prestressed concrete products and more. With more than 80 locations nationwide and 3,000 plus employees, Oldcastle Infrastructure is committed to upholding core values of reliability, quality, and service in cutting edge ways.
Purpose of the Role
- Responsible for leading and supervising wide-ranging aspects of the business processes, including but not limited to: order booking; production planning and plant scheduling to provide production schedules which meet forecast and booked demand.
This position is critical for:
- Defining business processes
- Optimizing cost, equipment capacity and quality
- Develop and improve processes, quality and procedures in direct and support functions to reduce costs and improve productivity
- Take a leadership role to help develop a Lean Culture based around Lean Principles such as 5S, Poke-Yoke and Kaizen
- Provide Microsoft AX support to users (super user)
- Plan all plants’ capacity requirements
- Direct planning/scheduling team personnel to ensure consistent delivery of products to the customers
- Oversee all receiving and warehouse operations at the site
- Provide daily tactical support
- Accountable for internal customer service excellence while balancing needs of the plant from utilization and cost of goods perspectives
- Keep stock control systems up to date
- Create supply plans, monitor sales forecasts and work with sales and production to establish a master production schedule
- Manage input to ERP system. Review inventory drivers. Develop tools and KPI’s to support the process with accurate and timely information
- Produce regular reports and statistics on a daily, weekly and monthly basis
- Manage and monitor the inventory strategy and plan, capacity analysis and plans and strategic and operational planning models
- Perform root cause analysis on issues and implement corrective actions
- Coach and mentor direct reports to ensure they have the support and develop the skills to succeed in their roles.
Required Competencies Fact–Based Management
- Views the organization as an open system, synthesize information from diverse sources, come to conclusions, and make decisions that are rational and based on sound evidence.
- Coaching and Developing Others – Provide quality time and planned commitment to direct reports and provide processes and opportunities for them to understand their strengths and limitations in relation to a range of high-quality and relevant competencies.
- Service Focus – Places a great emphasis on creating customer loyalty by ensuring the highest value of service is always provided and by delivering on commitments to the customer.
- Communicating – Provides the information required by others in a concise, direct, and unambiguous way. They strive to ensure that the receiver clearly understands the specifics of their message and they are able to listen to, receive, and understand messages conveyed by others.
- Process Management – Takes a systematic approach in contributing to making the company’s workflow more effective, efficient, and capable of adapting to an ever-changing environment.
- Driving Results – Motivates individuals to achieve and exceed goals by establishing accountabilities, clarifying performance expectations, agreeing to high standards and measures, monitoring and reviewing performance, and providing timely and relevant feedback.
- Delegating – Displays strong awareness of when, how, and to whom to delegate and will clearly communicate objectives, tasks, long-term benefits, and expectations for outcomes in order to empower others to take greater responsibility.
- Team Building – Enables and encourages group members to work together to complete tasks and accomplish goals that individual members could not accomplish alone.
- Master’s degree
- 6 years progressive experience in a combination of planning, logistics, production scheduling and/or inventory control
- 2 years direct management experience in a manufacturing and/or analytical environment
- Understanding of business issues related to manufacturing processes
- High level understanding of planning/scheduling
- Both tactical and strategically focused
- Strong analytical skills and financial sense
- Direct and intensive approach; proven success with movement to closure on issues
- Extremely strong written and verbal communication skills and interpersonal skills to coordinate activities with production, sales, engineering and other business functions
- Familiar with Continuous Improvement Processes and techniques
- Root cause analysis skills: ability to drill down into material supply issues and determine effective corrective action
- Systematic analysis of material systems and processes to facilitate continuous improvement
- Expert knowledge of ERP systems
- Expert knowledge of MS Office
- Experience with leading and directing the work of others
- Proven ability to achieve results
What CRH Americas Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle Infrastructure, a CRH company, is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our career site. Please complete your online profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
CRH Americas is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this URL blocked - click to apply.
Supply Chain Management