REGISTERED NURSE HOSPICE LOCATION: SOUTH CITY/SUBURBS (Regular travel to home office in Lombard is not required.) HOURS: PART TIME.6 This position is eligible for a $5,000.00 sign on bonus paid out as 50% after hire and 50% after 6mon.! You must be working in this same position at time of payout. Current internal team members are not eligible at this time.
JOB and UNIT SUMMARY:
- Must be able to work one summer and one winter holiday
- Must be able to rotate on an on call schedule
- FULL TIME
Advocate At Home, a division of Advocate Health Care, is the largest home health and hospice services in Illinois. The Hospice Registered Nurse will provide Hospice services and establish strong relationships with patients, families and caregivers. All medical needs will be coordinated by the RN who is case managing the patient and utilizing the resources of the team, (i.e. social worker, CNA, MD, etc.) The Hospice Registered Nurse assumes primary responsibility for the assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation of nursing care for assigned patients. Hospice is a program designed specifically for people who have chosen to change the plan of care for terminal illness from aggressive medical treatment to palliative care.
THE ADVOCATE HOSPICE NURSE:
- The Registered Hospice Nurse will manage pain and symptoms so patients can make the most of every day, focusing on living well and with dignity.
- The Registered Hospice Nurse will provide compassionate care to patients and their family members at end of life.
- The Registered Hospice Nurse will make every day count for patients, families and care givers.
- The Registered Hospice Nurse will document and connect with the care team thru point of care documentation.
- The Registered Hospice Nurse will be required to make visits to private residences which may not be accessible to people with disabilities.
- Nurse/Patient Relationship: Develops and maintains a therapeutic relationship through the health care continuum
- Responsible for documentation and communication of care, medication and observations made during care of patient in order to track responsiveness and health of patient.
- Responsible for providing appropriate patient/family education to help patient/family achieve a pain free and comfortable status.
- Assuring/Improving Quality Care: Facilitates the patient and family's right to receive quality, cost effective care.
- Graduate from an accredited school of nursing
- One year of medical surgical experience in an acute or subacute care facility
- Current Illinois RN license
- Current CPR
- Earn 10.0 continuing education credits annually
- Ability to lift up to 35 pounds without assistance. For patient lifts of over 35 pounds, or when patient is unable to assist with the lift, patient handling equipment is expected to be used, with at least one other associate, when available. Unique patient lifting/movement situations will be assessed on a case-by-case basis. Ability to assist with ambulation including turning and transferring patients up to 200 pounds.
Nursing at Advocate Aurora Jobs like this
- Registered Nurse
Downers Grove, IL
- Nursing Asst I
Park Ridge, IL
- RN-AMG, Immediate Care, Per Diem (Aurora)
- Nursing Assistant Huc - .9 7p
Oak Lawn, IL
Advocate Aurora Health is committed to diversity and inclusion every single day and in everything we do. Diversity lives in the differences, great and small, that matter to us and make each of us unique - from our age and the color of our skin, to our abilities and the things we believe in. We know that empowering our differences inspires creativity that leads to innovative solutions - for our team members, consumers and communities. And because health care is built upon relationships, it's important for the people we serve to be able to trust us to meet their unique needs. By cultivating an atmosphere of acceptance and compassion, we create a welcoming environment where our patients can heal, our team members can thrive and our business can grow. As a team member, working in a diverse setting allows you the chance to grow in ways that will broaden your perspective to deliver the best possible patient care.
- Surgical Procedures