Job Title: HL7 Integration Consultant Job Function: Technical Location: MD - Baltimore Estimated Duration: 6 months
Share | |Email this job
Madison Sterns, Inc., A National IT Consulting Firm, is currently looking for HL7 consultant for a direct customer in Baltimore, MD. Project duration is 6+ months.
* This position is responsible for interfacing with software vendors, hospitals and providers on behalf of our client to ensure that Health Level Seven (HL7) messages are successfully being sent from hospitals and providers' Electronic Health Records, and arriving at DHMH's registries and surveillance systems.
* Work in a development environment to create and support IT systems for public health.
* Activities may include programming database support and maintaining applications.
* Support Meaningful Use HL7 data exchange between hospital/provider Electronic Health Records and various public health systems (e.g. cancer, immunization or other specialized registries, communicable disease and syndromic surveillance system).
* Code or program applications in support of the meaningful use initiative.
* Ensure end-to end message transport and processing
* Communicate with vendors regarding individual electronic health records systems.
* Research different systems that use different operating systems, different healthcare software, different transfer protocols, etc.
* Troubleshoot and research issues that may arise in an EHR's encoding of HL7 messages
* Configure account profiles on different registries and surveillance systems to ensure that messages have reach the registries and surveillance systems, and that data is being persisted
* Use Orion's Rhapsody integration engine to translate, transform, and archive HL7 messages
* Create and maintain code mappings, when necessary, for translating codes of sending partners' HL7 messages
* Support general Division IT needs, including responding to specific issues and troubleshooting of IT applications
MANDATORY MINIMUM EXPERIENCE:
* 1 year experience working with HL7 messaging or detailed technical specifications in a Healthcare or Public Health setting
* 2 years .NET experience
* 2 years VB.NET experience
* 6 months Experience with Integration Engines (Rhapsody preferred)
* 2 years of development experience using Microsoft SQL Server (2008/2005)
* 2 years of experience with XML
* 6 months experience of Public Health Information systems standards, such as PHIN vocabularies, LOINC, SNOMED-CT, CVX, etc.
* 6 months experience with any of the following: Knowledge of SOAP, SSL certificates, Java key stores and encryption
* This position requires a minimum of a Bachelors degree in computer science, computer information systems, or similar field.
Would you like to apply to this job?
- Extensible Markup Language (Xml)
- Health Care