The Service Desk Analyst is responsible for providing high quality customer service interactions with the firm's end user population via the telephone and email. They will facilitate and resolve a wide variety of requests, inquiries and IT concerns with the use of their strong technical knowledge of hardware and software. The Service Desk Analyst will work independently, and as part of a team, to deliver outstanding service and support.
Duties and Responsibilities
* Assists users to resolve computer related problems such as inoperative hardware or software, including network connections. Resolve customer inquiries efficiently and effectively through the use of active listening and personalizing techniques with a constant focus on service excellence.
* Hardware Support functions include, but are not limited to, end user support, desktop support, laptop support, visiting office setups, and mobile device support. Perform basic printer, network and device troubleshooting.
* Software support functions include, but are not limited to, answering an array of job-specific How-To questions and the installation, basic configuration and troubleshooting of applications that are standard within Sidley's environment or otherwise approved for installation.
* Document and maintain user request and incident records in IT Service Management System. Maintain ownership of user inquiries and requests through resolution, owning the relationship with the customer.
* Escalate calls, as necessary, to Level II and III IT staff, or authorized contractors, to resolve problems or fulfill requests according to established escalation procedures.
* Meet and exceed team and individual performance standards including abandon rate, first call resolution and SLAs.
* Execute basic and routine systems administration tasks (e.g., password administration and print queue management).
* Utilize, create, and submit updates to Knowledgebase articles and share knowledge through other designated forums with Service Desk teammates.
* Assist with projects such hardware or software upgrades and on-boarding of large groups.
* Perform other duties as required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the Duties and Responsibilities (Duties) above satisfactorily and meet the requirements below. The requirements listed below are representative of the minimum knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job. If you need such an accommodation, please email [ Email address blocked ] - Click here to apply to Service Desk Analyst
(current employees should contact Human Resources).
Education and/or Experience:
* BA/BS degree or equivalent work experience
* A minimum of 2 years of experience providing direct and exceptional user support in a high performance culture
* A minimum of 2 years of experience supporting Windows-based computers, including Microsoft Windows 10
* A minimum of 2 years of experience supporting Smartphones, e.g., iPhone, Android
* A minimum of 2 years of experience supporting Microsoft Office Applications and Remote Access technology, such as Citrix
* Experience with Citrix and legal specific applications
* ITIL and Microsoft Office Application certifications
* Experience using and supporting Adobe Acrobat, iManage Document Management Solutions, Avaya Telephony, Blackberry Work, and Mac in an enterprise as well as experience deploying operating systems with SCCM
* Ability to type 40 wpm
Other Skills and Abilities:
The following will also be required of the successful candidate:
* Strong organizational skills
* Strong attention to detail
* Good judgment
* Strong interpersonal communication skills
* Strong analytical and problem solving skills
* Able to work harmoniously and effectively with others
* Able to preserve confidentiality and exercise discretion
* Able to work under pressure
* Able to manage multiple projects with competing deadlines and priorities
Sidley Austin LLP is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
- Active Listening
- Adobe Acrobat
- Attention To Detail
- Citrix Systems