Weichert Workforce Mobility is hiring a Senior International Accountant for our Weichert Workforce Mobility Corporate Office in Morris Plains, New Jersey. The Senior International Accountant is responsible for performing general and advanced accounting tasks for Weichert Workforce Mobility's international business units located in Canada, the United Kingdom, Singapore, and Hong Kong. The position ensures the integrity of accounting information by analyzing, recording, verifying, consolidating, and entering transactions, as well as presenting financial results through various internal reports. The Senior International Accountant also provides technical accounting advice to Weichert management to help them develop revenue and expense budgets, understand financial reports, and manage their financial responsibilities. Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
* Completes month-end closings for international entities and foreign currency ledgers including transfer pricing and intercompany accounting.
* Ensures accuracy of the month-end close and validity of the amounts for each international business unit.
* Identifies/investigates discrepancies and provides management with recommended solutions and preventative measures.
* Reviews, analyzes, and interprets international account activities, including account fluctuations. Provides findings and recommendations to management.
* Completes schedules for year-end audit and provides assistance to outside auditors, as needed.
* Prepares GST/HST and VAT filings. Assists with other tax filings and tax matters, as needed.
* Responsible for monthly account reconciliations, quarterly balance sheet binders, and Generally Accepted Accounting Practices (GAAP) accounting differences.
* Reviews daily cash requirement to ensure sufficient funding.
* Reviews, prepares, and ensures that intercompany invoicing and related accounting is completed in a timely and accurate manner.
* Works closely with Regional Vice Presidents, Client Service Directors, and service teams located in US, Canada, the United Kingdom, Singapore, and Hong Kong on financial matters, reporting, budgeting, and planning.
* Provides financial information and advice to Weichert management. Answers non-routine inquiries regarding international accounting policies and procedures.
* Recommends, maintains, and documents effective internal controls and processes to ensure system integrity and compliance with accounting system and company requirements and guidelines.
* Responsible for the completion of statutory filing and reporting requirements, as well as support of internal and external audits of Weichert's international activity.
* Works closely with Collection Coordinator, Client Service Director (CSD) and Controller to manage outstanding receivables.
* Works on special projects as assigned by the International Controller, VP/Controller of Shared Services, and the CFO to fulfill business requirements.
* Performs other duties as assigned. Ideal candidates will meet the following criteria:
* Bachelor's degree in Accounting strongly preferred
* MBA or Certified Public Accountant designation preferred
* Five (5) or more years of professional experience in international accounting, financial analysis, and reporting
* Experience preparing and recording journal entries, and performing account reconciliations and analysis
* Experience using the JD Edwards accounting system preferred
* Strong knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
* Complete understanding of the technical aspects of account analyses and financial statements
* Knowledge of FAS 52 application to balance sheet and income statement strongly preferred
* Familiarity with GST/HST, VAT and UK P11D(b)
* Strong analytical skills
* Strong attention to detail
* Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite of products
* Ability to work independently and as part of a team
* Strong customer service orientation Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
Attention To Detail