Senior Field Operations Manager
South San Francisco, CA
1+ year contract (possibility of extension and conversion)
The general purpose of the Senior Field Operations Manager (SFOM) role is to provide strategic and tactical sales support to the Hematology Sales Team. As such, this role plays an integral part in the successful promotion of our hematology cancer portfolio, including Rituxan, RITUXAN HYCELA, GAZYVA, and VENCLEXTA, as well as the launch of future NMEs. The SFOM reports to the lead for Hematology Field Sales Operations and works closely with the NSD and sales management and cross functionally with Marketing, FAO, MA&S, MCCO and other partners/stakeholders to help determine, align and oversee implementation of the required resources in the field to support the franchise and its field organization in meeting or exceeding their assigned goals and targets.Responsibilities:
- Ensure expectations, targets, goals and/or other objectives are met or exceeded across his/her areas of responsibility.
- Must be accountable for others in his/her team acting, in complete & total compliance with all laws, regulations and policies.
- Provide proactive, high quality and timely support to the HEME franchise; helping to ensure we are in a position to either meet or exceed assigned financial & other goals/results.
- Partner with FAO, the sales leadership and the field IC team to develop and implement motivating incentive compensation plans and sales contests.
- Partner with various cross-functional teams and lead through influence in order to represent the sales team and their needs in key projects and decisions.
- Support communications to the field sales team; including performance, incentive compensation, sales data and insights and meeting planning/ coordination.
- Ensure the appropriate resources (people and other) are developed, implemented & maintained within his/her team, as well as for the assigned franchise field workforce; enabling the team to meet or exceed assigned goals & targets in support of the assigned franchise and its field workforce.
- Support data needs for the HEME sales team, ensuring coordinated communications, sharing of insights and responding to questions and inquiries.
- Lead cross-functional teams of varying scope and complexity to deliver on the needs of the franchise and sales organization.
- Utilize only approved resources and messages to meet goals and targets.
- Where assigned, develop his/her team members.
- Participate as and when needed in helping develop the general business and operations pertinent to the assigned franchise or unit - working in cross-functional or other project teams and/or supporting peer organizations in helping them to excel.
- Periodically spend days in the field to better understand team needs and deliver value.
- Business travel, by air or car, is regularly required
- Bachelors Degree
- MBA or other related graduate-level degree is preferred
- Average of 5 or more years' work experience
- Previous sales and/or sales management experience in the pharmaceutical, biotech, or related industry is preferred
- Previous marketing experience or analytical support functions (e.g., market planning, market analysis, operations and information management) is preferred
- Previous experience in completing and implementing geographic and/or account business plans is preferred
- Previous experience in meeting or exceeding assigned financial or other qualitative targets, goals, objectives and/or other metrics
Supply Chain Management