To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- LaGrange, GA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Customer Service Specialist
American Home Shield • LaGrange, GA
Posted 1 month ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
For more than 40 years, American Home Shield has protected homeowners by providing affordable protection against home system component and appliance breakdowns. As the leader in the home warranty industry, we have a network of more than 11,000 pre-screened home service contractors and 45,000 professional technicians that provide convenient, reliable expert service to our customers.
What is this role about?
This important role is all about ensuring high levels of customer satisfaction by responding to and resolving customer questions or concerns related to their relationship with American Home Shield.
What does a “Day-in-the-Life” look like?
Our Customer Service Representatives work in one of our fast paced and energetic Customer Contact Centers and have the opportunity to directly interact with our valued customers every day. Inbound customer calls are most often related to topics like pricing, billing and scheduling. Customer retention is a key element, so ensuring customer satisfaction and cultivating long term relationships is also a very important role you would be playing.
Here are a few more specifics of what life is like on the job:
• Helping ensure customer satisfaction by resolving customer issues/questions related to service, billing or other matters
• Documenting customer information and call history information accurately for future reference
• Processing orders for new services requested
• Maintaining up-to-date knowledge and understanding of features of Terminix products and services, marketing promos, and special offers
• Preparing correspondence and coordinating with other functions as necessary to resolve issues
What do I need to be successful?
• Being a high school graduate/having a GED is a requirement
• Prior customer service/call center experience is highly desired, but not required
• You enjoy interacting with customers and providing great service
• You are good at solving problems and clearly explaining solutions
• You thrive in a face paced, high-volume environment
• You have strong communication skills – interpersonal and written
• You have basic computer skills including having worked with Microsoft Office products
• You can type 25+ words per minute
Why should I choose American Home Shield?
In addition to being part of a great brand with an exciting future, here are some other highlights of what we offer members of the AHS Team.
• Comprehensive training, all paid by the company
• Very competitive compensation program
• Opportunities for advancement and career growth – including paths into management level roles
• Medical, dental and vision coverage + discounts on ServiceMaster brands
• Short/long-term Disability and Life Insurance
• Paid time off
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the work being performed by employees assigned to this classification; they are not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position.
American Home Shield and Frontdoor are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.